The Pun in Punishments

I couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing to compromise the situation. I wanted to reprimand him for making me unconscious; but the fact that he had done it to keep me safe and well rested warms the core of my being, melting my frozen heart as well.

"You're punishment is to spend you're day with me. I don't care if you have meetings. You either cancel them or I go back to work." I tell him, handing him the carbon carton which held my food.

He chuckles at my demand, embracing me tightly. "Of course, your highness." I pull him from the desk, but apparently, he has other ideas. He lifts me up by the waist, and places me on the desk, my knees hitting his stomach. He leans in, parting my legs to comfortably kiss me. A thousand warning bells ring as his lips meet mine. We'll never get out of here if I don't stop him.

My heart had other plans, forcing me to lean in to his torturing kiss. He went slow, moving his soft lips sensually against mine. Every hair on my body stood in attention as his arms caresses my bare waist, slow as a snail. He parts my lips, and sweeps his tongue over my bottom lip, earning a deep moan from me. I lean into him, trying to communicate my need for him to pick up his pace.

Aniket ignores my demands, smirking into the kiss as I groan in frustration. I lean away from him, while he chuckles at my pout. "You're punishment just got longer. Let's go."

He bites his lips, smiling as I push myself off the desk and drag him to the door leading outside.

"Where are you taking me, darling?" He asks, chuckling all the while.

"To your punishment." The metal doors of the elevator greets us as I open the wooden door. I look at Aniket for a explanation.

"Personal elevator."

"How rich are you?" I shriek, not believing that the man in front of me had this much money.

"Filthy rich, baby." He says, smacking his lips. I laugh at his silliness, pulling him into the elevator as it dings. Suddenly, he scrunches his eyebrows, patting his pant pockets in search of something. "Krithi, my car keys!"

"No, no. We're walking." Aniket pouts, throwing his head back and cranking his neck side to side as if he was playing in a boxing match and wanted to threaten his opponent.

He leans closer to me, trapping me between the metal walls and his chest. "What do you have planned, sunflower?"

I crack up when he utters the endearment. I am anything but a flower. "First of all, don't call me that. It doesn't suit me. And secondly, I just came up with the plan three minutes ago. You brought it upon yourself when you decided to torture me slowly with your kisses. Otherwise, I was going to greet you and get to the hospital for work."

"You want to spend time with me." He rasps, picking me up by waist. It was more of a statement than a question, so I nod shyly, my head turning to the ding of the elevator.

"Let's go." I drag him outside, exiting the humongous glass building after a few seconds.
"What do you do anyways, Aniket?" I ask him, putting a finger on my chin and tapping it slowly like I was in deep thought.

"What do you mean?" He yells, running after me as I stride towards the other side of the street. I spotted a street food shop, and suddenly had an appetite.

"Aniket! Let's go over there!" I exclaim, dragging him by his wrist over enthusiastically.

He laughs at my excitement, sprinting to my speed, my hand still holding his wrist. I halt after crossing the street in full speed, making Aniket bump into me. He inhales the scent on my hair, groaning and trying to cover it with a cough.