Fengshui in the Family

"Oh, Right there, Aniket."

"Here?" He asks, shifting the sofa.

I shake my head, moving towards him, wrapping myself in my fluffy blue towel. Aruvi has been running around all day, so it was easy to put her to sleep. Tip number one on raising a child: let them tire themselves out, that way, I don't have tell a story. Ranting? I can do. Complaining? Hell, yes. Narrating? Not my thing.

Aniket on the other hand, is absolutely the best with handling her. Aruvi  does anything Aniket asks for, and the fact that she got so attached to him makes me scared.

She could be kidnapped in seconds. She wouldn't even resist. But there was one tiny hole in any criminals' plan.

The girl can melt a heart with just her eyes.

After putting her to sleep, Aniket and I shift the furniture. Fengshui can never be classified 'boring.' However, Aniket hates all the arranging and rearranging. He could lie in his filth for days at a time if I don't yell at him to clean up.

I ain't cleaning his mess for a million dollars.

I stride towards Aniket, securing my towel in between my armpits. The water travels it's way from my wet hair to the side of my face, and disappears into the depths of the towel. Aniket's gaze follows the trail as he gulps, averting his eyes quickly when I catch him.

A smirk crosses my face but I force it to be blank of emotions when Aniket lifts his eyes, meeting my dark brown orbs.

I put my hand on the light blue sofa, while Aniket stands at the other end. I shift it to a slight angle, smiling in content as it sits perfectly in the middle of the room. Aniket shakes his head, disapprovingly.

"That was where it was before!" He complains, facepalming himself. "I swear, my back is going to break from all this."

"Stop whining. You're, what, thirty?" I joke. "You're still young. Your back will be fine."

"But your back isn't going to be if you don't stop tempting me." He warns, his thumb skimming over his eyebrow in a distressed manner.

"Me?" I ask innocently. "Tempt you? To do what? Pick up your dirty boxers littered on the damn floor?"

I laugh at my own joke, earning a well-deserved glare from Aniket. He shakes his head at my lousy comeback, and sighs slouching down on the sofa.

"I swear, if I have to take one more cold shower, I'm going to die." He says, resting his head on the the sofa.

I chuckle awkwardly, my blush spreading towards my glowing cheeks. I have always had a dark complexion, but nowadays, I'm practically glowing. It makes it hard for me to hide my embarrassing moments— which in my case, occurs about every three seconds.

"Oh, screw these morals. C'mon." I order, walking towards him and pulling at his arms. Damn, how is he so heavy now? Before, I could pick him up with my pinky finger.

"What? Where?" Aniket asks, following behind me without a choice.

"To the bedroom, silly." I turn, winking at him before turning the other way, probably looking like a freaking tomato.

***********************************************
"Aruvi!" I scream, running behind the hyper little girl. Aniket blocks my way, coming out of nowhere. The tiny brat has the audacity to steal chocolate from me.