43- Merlins Bloomers

Start from the beginning

Liana glared at him as she crossed her arms over her chest. She knew it was petty to still be irritated at Sirius. But not only had he ignored her last year but he had also just spoilt her time with Harry.

"Yes?" Liana snapped, leaning back against the wall behind her as she narrowed her eyes at Sirius.

She winced at her words as she realised how bitchy she sounded and she covered her face with her hands as she sighed and turned to walk away. She wasn't in the right head space to be dealing with Sirius Black. He was a right handful.

From the swagger he walked with, to the tattoos that illustrated his neck and the flash of his chest visible from his partially unbuttoned shirt. She rolled her eyes, he would have been the typical bad boy during his school days she was sure.

"Listen Liana- I know we aren't on great terms-" Sirius huffed, running a hand through his hair as he looked down at the glowering girl.

"That's an understatement," Liana scoffed and Sirius looked like he wished the ground to open up and bury him. Sirius could understand why Liana was so frustrated with him, she was so similar to him in ways.

She had no parents growing up, she tried to be as nice as possible and fill the void left behind but would lash out at times and Sirius could tell she was hurting inside, like all the painful things that had happened to her were kept bottled up and were beginning to leak out. He always had that intuition about her.

"After dinner, I need you to come up to my room so I can talk to you in private. There's something that you need to know and i think it's best it comes from me, " Sirius inhaled sharply as Liana nodded briefly and quickly marched away. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times.

This girl was something else.

Liana wandered down the stairs, thinking vaguely of getting a snack, but nearly fell flat on her face as she heard Mrs Weasley scream.

"Just because you're allowed to use magic now, does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!" She scolded Fred and George, as the twins suddenly apparated directly behind poor Mrs Weasley. Liana chuckled under her breath as she descended down the stairs.

"We'll be eating dinner in the kitchen, and sweetheart-" Mrs Weasley called after Liana who nodded politely and made to walk into the kitchen.

" -It's nice to finally meet you, you're just as much part of this family as Ron and the others," Mrs Weasley smiled gently at Liana who blushed.

"And it's nice to meet you too Mrs Weasley. Thank you for the Christmas jumpers," Liana smiled gently as she followed Ginny into the kitchen. Mrs Weasley seemed to swell with pride that Liana had remembered the jumpers she had put so much effort into knitting.

Liana plopped down at the table beside Remus, pulling her scarlet hair over her shoulder and avoiding Christina's eye as much as possible. She turned as she heard Harry's voice in the doorway.

"Are you sure you're alright Harry? You gave us quite a turn with those dementors," Mr Weasley asked with a smile.

"Yeah- yeah of course," Harry nodded automatically and he slipped past Mr and Mrs Weasley into the kitchen, immediately seating himself beside Sirius, although he cast Liana a quick glance. But Liana was looking directly down at her plate as she ate silently.