Chapter 5

Sorry this is a bit late. I had a busy week!

Well, enjoy~

 When I was finally able to remove my hand from his hold, and move my eyes from his, I noticed Luke was glaring at Blake, fire in his eyes. His eyes tinted dark, and before I knew it his arm was around my waist and I was pulled away from Blake and he buried his nose in a my hair. I resisted the urge to move away, and be with my mate... I wondered how it would feel to be held by him this way... And my soul began to whine in my head.

"E-Excuse my husband...He can be overprotective when I'm.." I looked down at Jake then at Michael, ".... In this condition..." not wanting to blurt it out without having told them first.

"No worries..." Blake nodded to us with an easy smile plastered on his face, but I saw the darkening of his own eyes and it made me tremble in a way that was so wrong... But I couldn't evade the fact that he looked sexy.

"Luke has always been too serious." Derek chimed in with a rumbling laugh.

Jade joined in but her eyes were on me, You need to do something, her expression screamed.

I looked away and kissed Jake's head, moving away from Luke and walking towards the other children mumbling a small excuse, my free hand in Michael's. I gently set Jake on the floor, and he quickly gripped Michael hand, looking up at me with wide green eyes. He had his thumb in his mouth, suckling softly as he looked between his brother and I. I smiled down at him and gently pushed Michael towards the playing children.

"Okay, enough formalities. Go have fun with your friends.... And Jake, stop sucking your thumb..."

Jake looked up at me for a moment, hesitating a bit before he finally stopped with a small nod, his eyes looking to his brother then to the kids beckoning him to play with a small, "Come!"

Not a few moments later they were out of sight and I was left alone to suffer the scent of my mate, with the feel of his presence not but a few feet away. I was struggling to remain standing, the feel of his intense stare all I could focus on and that left my knees weak and my composure crumbling. I forced my shoulders not to tense as I made my way over to the table of refreshments, trying to keep my heart from accelerating to no avail. I grabbed a cookie, deciding to ignore the much healthier option of an assortment of fruits and brought it to my lips, eating it slowly in hopes that the sweet taste of chocolate would allow my brain to focus.

"I thought I told you... Call me Blake..."

His breath was running down my neck and I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips , almost dropping my half eaten cookie in shock; the warmth he emitted was suffocating. His husky, whispered voice had me leaning on the table to keep from falling to my knees, as they betrayed is affect on me by becoming putty for him to mold. I let out a shaky breath and I tried to compose myself, it took all I had to stop the shiver that threatened to show itself as his arm brushed against mine, his hand reaching forward to grab a cookie of his own.

"A-And in front of my Alpha that would appear improper." I mumbled, my voice wavering but low, with each word as as forced myself not to move into his arms.

"You are my mate... Calling me by my name is anything but improper." he whispered into my ear with a small growl as he stepped away from the table.

His arm brushed mine as he moved away causing my body to ignite.

I felt him pause just before he he stepped completely away, I heard a crunch and then his chuckle, "Delicious." his voice dropped an octave and I couldn't help but believe there was a double meaning behind his words.