Sacrifice for happiness

Mina POV

' You're here ' Jisoo greet me as she opened the door and hugged me . ' Come in ' she said and drag me to the living room.

' Mom ' She called making a woman who are sitting on the sofa while watching television turned her head to us.

' This is Mina. Nayeon 's friend ' Jisoo introduce me as the woman walked towards us.

' Im Lia. Called me aunty Lia. Nayeon's stepmother. ' She said and offered me her hand to handshake.

' Nice to meet you aunty Lia ' I said as i showed her my gummy smile and accept her handshake.

' Be comfortable ' Aunty Lia said as she patted my back.

' By the way it's safe to discuss Nayeon birthday party here? ' I asked and sit on the sofa . ' I mean - ' Aunty Lia cutted me.

' She's at her husband hou- ' Aunty Lia got cutted by Jisoo.

What's she means?  husband?

' She's not around. She's at her cousin's husband house ' Jisoo covered it and smiled to me.

Aunty Lia looked at Jisoo confusedly but Jisoo just pretending to not look at it and shrugged it away.

Aunty Lia cellphone suddenly ringing and she exuce herself for a while.

' So we'll doing the birthday party here? ' I asked as my eyes roaming around the apartment.

' Yes but you think it would fit for the guests? I mean Nayeon's friend? ' Jisoo asked me back.

' This apartment a quite spacious so i think it would be fine ' I said.

' Jisoo can you drive me to the **  cafe? ' Aunty Lia asked as she appeared in the living room. ' My customer need to meet me right now ' She added and sighed.

' Right now? ' Jisoo asked making her mom nodded.

' It's not too far. It maybe only took 20 minutes. Are you okay if we leave you alone for a while? ' Aunty Lia asked making me chuckled.

' I thought im the only one  who should asked that question ' I said and giggling.

' What do you mean? ' Jisoo asked as she and Aunty Lia looked at me confusedly.

' I may steal your stuff ' I said playfully making 3 of us laughing.

' I'll take my handbag first ' Aunty Lia  said and walked away to her room i assume.

' You can resting at Nayeon's room or walk around first ' Jisoo said as she pointed at Nayeon's room. She then walked out with Aunty Lia as both of them bid me a goodbye.

' Well im all alone ' I mumbled.

I feel glad that Jisoo and Aunty Lia already treat Nayeon better but sometimes i just curious how Jisoo and Nayeon's stepmother can changed.

Nayeon didn't tell me about it. She only told me that they're good right now and making me feel happy to hear it.

I then stood up from my seat and walked towards the room that Jisoo pointed before.

I entered the room and eying around it. My eyes caught a book which are placing at Nayeon's work table. Nayeon's diary. Where i know? She always brought her diary to college and she'll write everything about what's happened to her everyday. Even it was her diary , she never hide it from me and even didn't stopped me from read it.

I took the diary and i lay my body on Nayeon's bed.

I took a quick read on her diary.  Actually i didn't read it. I only read the date because even Nayeon didn't stopped me from reading her diary but i just can't. She may need a privacy in her life too.