Training and One vs Sixteen

It was night time and Kyo was training HARD. It had been several days since the confrontation with Riser and Kyo hadn't eaten or slept. Sirzechs had approved of Kyo taking on Riser's peerage solo, but Riser wanted it to be on his home turf. 

Riser also wanted the wedding to be that day as well. Otherwise the game was called off. Riser was so confident that if he won, the wedding would come right after and Riser would do it to mock it in Kyo's face. 

Kyo however wouldn't let that happen. Rias, while she was still hesitant, took Kyo and the rest of the ORC to distant training house that'd been built a while ago there to help train Kyo. It was late as Kyo throws the barbell to the ground, making a large crash as it hit the ground. So far, he'd been able to bench 400 lbs in several reps. Now he was practicing his dodge attacks with a machine that shot bean bags. 

Kyo flew in the air and smacked the balls away with his gauntlets. He then lets out a roar as he shoots down and splits the machine in half. Kyo was breathing hard and fell on one knee. 

His gauntlets then glowed. "Kyo, you've been training nonstop for days now. It is time to rest." 

Kyo shakes his head. "Not until I'm sure I've reached my full potential." 

"My son, you won't be able to reach anything if you don't rest and recharge yourself. How do you think you'll be able to fight Riser if you're absolutely exhausted?" Erakhan questions. 

Kyo pants and stands looking down at his masculine body. "Fine. Only for a few hours." Kyo then grabs his towel and wipes himself off. He heads inside and sees Rias walking down the steps in her nightgown. 

"Kyo?" 

"Hey." Kyo nods, still somewhat out of breath. 

Rias comes down and looks at him. "Been training, I see?" 

"I won't let Riser marry you out of force. We both know that peace isn't what he has in mind when it comes to you." Kyo states. 

Rias then takes his hand. "Come with me." Rias then leads Kyo outside to the railing as they look up at the stars. "Kyo, I appreciate how you stood up for me against Riser. I really do. But you must realize that Riser isn't just any opponent. He's never lost a Rating Game and his title fits his power." 

"What does that mean?" Kyo asks. 

"His ability is the same as the beast his family is named after." Rias explains. "Phoenix. Giving him immortality." 

Kyo looks up at the stars. "Immortality, huh?" 

Rias nods. "He's indestructible. He regenerates immediately from any attack. Riser's win/lose ratio is 8 to 2. His peerage has always had the highest score. How are you supposed to lose if you're immortal?" 

Kyo ponders this and then turns to her. "He WILL lose Rias. Time to show that cocky bastard where his place is. You shouldn't have to be forced into a marriage that you don't want. Just like I didn't have to get forced into torturous sex and brutality by my family." 

Rias then remembers Kyo telling her of his past. "Kyo...I am so sorry." 

"For what?" 

"For being involved with me. Sometimes I wonder if maybe you joining us was a bad decision. It's not you, but just everything you've had to face head on because of us." Rias says holding her arm. "I just don't want to see you hurt." 

Kyo holds her shoulders. "You won't. I promise you: I will never fail to protect you or anyone in the ORC. You, Issei, Asia, Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko are my family. And I'll protect every single one of you for the rest of my life."