I nearly jump when her eyes suddenly flutter open. She gives a tiny giggle at my startled face.

"TaeTae's already awake?" she mumbles sleepily.

"I am," I reply with an awkward smile.

She hums while reaching up her fists to rub her tired eyes, "What time is it?"

"Pretty early for a Sunday," I say, "I don't think anyone else in the house will be up for another hour or two."

My little girl nods in understanding.

I slightly clear my throat, "Well, since we are up, do you want to go get breakfast?"

Her eyes light excitedly, "Just us?"

"Just us," I confirm.

"Okay," she smiles brightly.

"Alright, let's both get dressed and meet in the kitchen," I suggest before bringing a bold hand up to tickle the bottom of her chin.

She wrinkles her nose cutely before pulling her face away from my fingers, "Deal."

Without hesitation she throws back the covers and hops off the bed, skipping happily to her bathroom and closing the door. I, on the other hand, grunt and groan as I struggle to pick myself up from the mattress. It is already apparent we are two very different types of people in the morning.

After climbing out of bed, I make my way to my room, take a quick shower, and slip on a simple pair of jeans, black sweater, and grab my favorite black beret before hurrying downstairs. When I arrive in the kitchen my little girl is already there, bouncing back and forth on her feet while looking at pictures of Jungkook and Jimin stuck to the refrigerator along with a few colorful crayon drawings made by the male littles. She looks so cute, wearing a pair of faded skinny jeans and baby blue sweater with her hair pulled back in a bun on the top of her head.

She turned around quickly when she sensed my presence and smiled to greet me.

"You look nice, TaeTae," she grins.

"Not as good as you, babygirl," I coo in return.

She blushes and runs to slip on her sneakers and I do the same. As we exit the house, I grab her hands and entwine our fingers while leading her in the direction of a nearby French-style café.

When we arrive, a tiny ding of the doorbell sounds as we enter the rustic, cozy space. There are only a few other customers in the small coffee house all busy sipping espresso, eating morning pastries, and surfing on their laptops. I take my little girl to a quiet corner table and help her settle down before seating myself.

I see her take a large inhale of the air and a small smile graces her face.

"What was that?" I chuckle.

"I love the smell of coffee," she sighs.

A waitress saunters toward us swinging her hips and indiscreetly looking my direction.

"Hello," she chirps toward me as she reaches the table without even acknowledging (Y/N)'s existence, "What can I get for you this morning?"

"We'll have two pain au chocolat and some chapssal donuts, please. And I'll have an Americano," I order.

"I'll have that right out for you, sir," the waitress replies while batting her long fake eyelashes.

With an attention seeking flip of her bleached hair she finally skips away. I roll my eyes and look back at my little girl who is grinning at me with her arms folded on the table.