Keith Richards #1

Start from the beginning

"Ok, thanks! Hey, Bill! I got some cheese for us!" Mick Taylor yelled as he and Bill began to dig into the bowl, acting as if they have never eaten before in their whole life.

I came back from the restroom and noticed that the bowl of cheese had completely vanished. I frowned as I searched around the kitchen. "Mick, where's the cheese?" 

"What cheese?"

"The bowl of cheese I left here a few minutes ago? It's gone!"

"There was no- oh yea. Sorry about that, Y/N. I gave it to Bill and Mick. But you didn't need that much cheese, did you?"

"Yea, I did, Mick. We had that order of tacos with extra cheese and now it's gone because of you! You're a fucking dumbass," I yelled as Keith came in.

"Woah, you guys better calm down," he said as he opened the fridge and pulled out a cold beer. 

"Keith, are you back from your break? We need to shred the cheese again because two idiots ate it."

Keith paused for a moment. "Oh. Well, just start over again. I'm not done with my break yet. I'll be back in a few minutes though," he said and left once again.

I muttered angrily under my breath as I grabbed a new bar of cheese and began shredding it. Seconds later, Brian comes in and yells, "I need Table #13's order! Tacos with extra cheese! Right now!"

"I'm almost done with the tacos!" Mick yells.

"How about you, Keith? Are you done shredding the cheese?"

"Keith isn't here! It's me, y/n and no I'm done with the cheese."

"You better hurry up. Table #13 is demanding it right now!"

"Hurry up shredding the cheese! It shouldn't be that hard!" Mick yells at me as he hands me the taco plate. 

"Shut the fuck up! It's your fault that I haven't finished yet," I scream. I was mad at Mick, but I was mainly mad at Keith for ditching me. I've helped him many times before, but this was the last straw. I can't keep helping him. All he does is take advantage of me. He has never offered to help me before with anything. I finally finished shredding the cheese, so I sprinkled it on top of the tacos and handed the dish to Brian. 

I took my hat off and threw it to the side as I went outside to look for Keith. I see him sitting down drinking a beer while smoking. 

"Is you break over now?" I ask as I sit down next to him.

"No, not quite," he responds and blows smoke into my face.

I cough, "God damn it, Keith. I'm done helping you today! I've had to deal with Mick's bullshit for the past half hour and I'm pissed off. I never even agreed to do your job for you. You just left without giving me the chance to say no! I'm done helping you. Don't ever ask me to do a favor for you again."

"Ok," he shrugs and blows another cloud of smoke into my face.

I grab the cigarette from his hand agressively and throw it onto the ground. Keith looks up at me in complete shock.

"What was that for!"

"For your smoke break to be over so you can get your ass back inside to do your damn job!"

Keith doesn't say anything as he goes back inside. I stay outside though and looked at the ground. I was angry at Keith, but I also began to feel a bit guilty. Maybe I overreacted, maybe I was a bit too mean or agressive. I was sick of him using me, but it was also my fault for not speaking up. I went back inside and worked in silence until my shift ended. 

I left the restaurant without saying goodbye to anyone and went home to throw myself onto my bed. I dug my face into the pillow, and then the doorbell rang. I ignored it the first time, but I got up when it rang again.

"Hello, y/n! Are you home right now?" a recognizable voice said. Keith's voice.

"Go away, please. I don't want to talk to you," I said. 

"Please open the door! I need to talk to you," he said. I reluctantly opened it and stared at him.

"Look, I'm sorry for making you do all my work for me. It was a really shitty thing for me to do. I'm really sorry. I promise I won't do it again," he said. His voice sounded sincere, and there wasn't anything I could do except forgive him. 

"It's ok. I guess I kind of overreacted a bit," I say as I look at the ground. 

"It's strange. We've worked together for a couple of months, but we've never actually hung out or had a genuine conversation. We should go on a walk right now, just the two of us. What do you say?"

"You know, that's not a bad idea."