Chapter 12

Susceptible

Chapter 12

|Ash Parrish|

"Mexico is a bad place." I mumbled to myself.

"Have you been there before?" Liam asked.

"No, but I've heard enough about what happens in Mexico to know that we should stay out of Mexico. Scott and Kira are lucky that I like them." I ranted.

I turned around when I heard Malia and Stiles walking down the stairs.

"Go home. You two aren't coming with us." Stiles and Malia rushed past us.

"Why not?" Liam asked.

"Cause it's a full moon and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico for you to rip my throat out." Stiles explained being dramatic.

"You can lock me up right? Chain me to the back of the seat or something."

"You tore threw the last chains remember?" Malia added.

"Yeah, We would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there."

I face-palmed at Stiles' Star Wars reference.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked.

Stiles glared at him, "Seriously? You haven't seen it either?" He turned to walk away.

"Wait!" Liam and I yelled at the same time.

"What if you put me in the trunk?" Liam added.

"You'd get out of that too." Malia said.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this." Stiles whispered.

"I know I don't but I want to. There's got to be stronger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be." Liam begged.

An idea popped into my head, "Maybe there is."

-

"Remember what we're dealing with here. It's not just Kate, it's the berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume there's any humanity left in them." Peter said.

"This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" He said referring to Liam. I grabbed his hand, glaring at Peter.

"Don't worry, my friend, it is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone, you don't fight berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

With that being said, we got into our individual vehicles. I got in the back of the truck with Liam, Stiles and Derek.

"Why couldn't you ride with Peter and Malia?" Liam asked.

"I'm not leaving you."

"I don't want to hurt you, Ash."

I looked up at him, "Then, Don't."

Derek locked the handcuffs around Liam's wrists.

"All good?" Derek asked Liam, who tugged on his chains to check.

"I brought something to help you. It's been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful supernatural talisman. We use it to help betas to control themselves on a full moon." I watched as Derek exchanged a look with Stiles.

"Yes, it's powerful. Very powerful." Stiles said to Liam.

Liam suddenly grunted, scaring all three of us.

"Whatever you're gonna teach me," He looked up as his eyes changed to bright yellow, "I think you better start."

"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it and focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Derek instructed.