Chapter 23

| Ash Parrish|

I snuck up being Liam, "What do you think you're doing?"

He jumped slightly. Guess he didn't hear me behind him. Oops.

"Someone's got to tell her about Hayden." Liam whispered.

"That someone doesn't have to be you, especially looking like this. What if they think you killed her?"

He was covered in blood and his clothes were slightly ripped.

"Maybe I did."

"The last few hours haven't been your best but this isn't the way to fix it. She's gonna find out and it isn't gonna hurt any less coming from you. Come on."

I gestured for him to follow me but all he did was sniff the air.

I made a confused face, "What?"

"It's Hayden. It's her scent. She's here."

"Liam, you held her body in your arms. You watched my brother take her out of your arms. She's gone." I reminded him.
___________________________

"There have been no other bodies brought in tonight. Thank God." Dr. Dunbar informed Liam, Mason, and I

"No one named Hayden?" Liam asked.

Dr. Dunbar looked down at me, "Take him home. It's six in the morning."

I sighed, "He won't listen to me."

"You sure there's been no other bodies?"

"All three of you. Home. Now." He said, before walking down the corridor.

"We're not going home, are we?" Mason asked.

"No." I mumbled.

"We both know where her body is. If we want to find her, we have to find the Nemeton." Mason whispered, so only we could hear.

Liam shrugged, "Okay. Let's find the Nemeton."

"Ah, I need to learn to shut up." Mason face-palmed.
___________________________

"This is the one. See these? They're lay lines. They're mapped to coordinate telluric currents." Mason pointed to the map of Beacon Hills.

"Stiles said that he and Lydia were looking at intersections." Liam informed us.

"Maybe this one." I tapped the page.

"But they never found it. They said the Nemeton has to want to be found."

"A supernatural tree that has to want to be found in order to see it?" Mason asked in awe.

I nodded, "Yeah."

He smiled, "That's awesome."
___________________________

"This is it. There should be a clearing here.... Maybe that doesn't want to be found either." Mason joked.

"I couldn't save her." Liam mumbled.

"No one could. Melissa did everything medically possible," I started to say but Liam cut me off.

"While I was trying to kill Scott."

"You can't take all the blame. There were like 800 extenuating circumstances." Mason patted his back.

I shrugged, "Wasn't just the moon."

"It was losing Hayden. Fear. Anger. You took advantage of it. Liam, you're a werewolf. It was a full moon. A super moon. You can't let yourself..." Mason trailed off.

"What?"

"The nemeton's a beacon for supernatural creatures, right?" Mason asked us.

I nodded once, "Yeah."

"So what if it takes a supernatural creature to find it?"

"I am a supernatural creature and I can't find anyone." Liam said sarcastically.

I smirked, "We've been looking with our human eyes."

My eyes turned a blood red and I spotted the Nemeton, northeast of where we were standing.

"Mason, look," Liam pointed, "There it is."
___________________________

"There's only 4 here." I stated, looking at the bodies.

"That means four are missing." Mason added.

"I only care about one. Hayden's alive. She has to be." Liam pointed out.

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe you're right. Either way, we gotta get the cops down here. Find out who's dead, who's alive, who's whatever."

Suddenly, a bright light flashed. Car lights.

"Stay right there where you are, you guys." A deep voice said.

The police.

"That's it. That's where I found the bodies. All four of them." I heard Hayden say.

That bitch set us up.
__________________________