Chapter 13

|Ash Parrish|

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in New Mission district but they're pretty expensive, couple in Haight-Ashbury...also expensive." Stiles rambled off.

"What about Berkley ? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, we can try Nob Hill but the jeep will probably burn through a lot of clutches."

"You're bringing the jeep?"

Stiles looked up at Scott, "You know the plan, okay? No one- No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not going to have a problem getting into Stanford, Kira's thinking USF, Malia's gonna, you know, she'll figure something out. Okay? The plan is perfect."

"Or we can wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott smiled.

"I have a vision, dude, and it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Okay? We can check out the East bay, we haven't looked at Oakland yet."

I looked up at the full moon as the thunder echoed through the sky.

"You okay? You starting to feel it?" Stiles asked me.

I shook my head, "No, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Sophomore year."

"Sophomore year? Come on. That's nothing. That's easy."

Scott sat up on Stiles' jeep. "It reminds me of something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of regression to the mean?" Scott asked.

"No. I don't think so."

"It's basically his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. Things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing."

"Yeah, but no ones tried to kill us in the past six months either."

"Right. It's been pretty much in the middle for a while, which means at some point the scale has to tip one way or another, meaning that things are gonna get really good again..." Scott trailed off.

"Or really bad." I finished for him.

"You think it's been long enough?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" Liam yelled.

We had chained him to a tree since it was the full moon.

"Hey, We're trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles yelled.

"You're two years older than me and why does Ash get to be apart of it? She's the same age as me! And I'm fine. Just let me go."

I walked over to him, "Babe, It's not that they don't trust you..."

"I don't trust you." I ignored Stiles.

"But after the last full moon." Scott trailed off.

"It was one slip up." Liam mumbled.

"Slip up? A dozen calls to the sheriff's department about a monstrous dog-boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip up?"

I looked at Liam, with a eyebrow raised, "You were running around naked and I didn't see?" I joked.

"It was really hot out that night, okay? Let me go."

"You sure you're okay?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, it won't happen again."