Chapter 4

Susceptible

Chapter 4

|Ash Parrish|

I got home safely despite my still bleeding cuts. Jordan was still at work, so he doesn't know about them. (A/N: Jordan is Deputy Parrish's first name if you didn't catch that last night) I had already changed my bloody shirt and took care of my cuts. I can't heal as fast as other werewolves but I heal faster than a normal human. My phone rung causing me to jump.

"Hello?"

"Ash, did you make it home okay? I'm sorry for leaving you but I had to control Liam before he hurt anyone else. " Scott said very fast.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My cuts are cleaned and wrapped up. How's Malia? What happened to the party?" I asked, turning on the tv.

"She's fine. Stiles stopped her from shifting somehow. The party went surprisingly good. No one suspected anything. It just ended recently."

I heard thump in the background followed by a groan.

"Shit." Scott whispered.

"What was that?"

"I was carrying Liam into my room and his head hit the wall." I laughed but quickly stopped when I heard two cars pull into the driveway.

"My brother's here. I'll see you tomorrow." I said before hanging up.

Jordan walked in along with Sheriff Stilinski and a guy I didn't know.

"Ash, put some pants on." Jordan said looking at my outfit.

"I am wearing pants. You can't see them because of my sweatshirt." I was wearing an huge Blink 182 sweatshirt that ended right above my knee, shorts, and black ankle socks.

"Who's your friend?" I motioned toward the guy wearing a tight gray shirt and black jeans.

"I'm Derek Hale." Derek said smoothly.

"I'm Ash Parrish, but you probably knew that." I said smirking.

"We'll be upstairs working on a case. Don't say up too late. You have school tomorrow." Jordan said before walking off with Sheriff and Derek.

"I know what you are." I heard Derek whisper and I looked up to see his green eyes turn bright yellow. He nodded before walking upstairs.

I sighed, "Beacon Hills is insane."

-
-

I was wearing an outfit similar to what I wore last night; a huge band sweatshirt, shorts, and vans. School was almost over, I just had one class left. Gym with Coach Finstock. This class is fun because it's mixed with all 4 grades and half of the class consisted of Coach yelling at Greenberg. Everyone kept staring at the cuts on my arm, making me insecure. I can heal faster than a human but not as fast as other supernaturals.

"Parrish, you're sitting out today. Don't try to argue with me." Coach nodded towards a bench.

I nodded and laid on the bench with my stomach facing up. My phone vibrated causing me to sit up again. It was a text from an unknown number. <I'm picking you up from school. We need to talk about what you are. -Derek Hale> I quickly replied an okay.

"Ash." Scott whispered from across the field knowing that I could hear him.

"What's up, homie?" I whispered back.

He chuckled, "I hope that you're not mad at me but I told Liam to stay away from you. With him being a new werewolf, he needs to stay away from anything that gets his heart racing."

"I'm not mad. I was planning on avoiding him anyway." I heard a growl from across the field. I forgot Liam was in this class oops. The bell rung interrupting our conversation.

"Parrish, you need a ride?" Stiles walked over with Scott.

"Nah, I already have one." I said grabbing my backpack.

"With your brother?"

I shook my head, "Derek Hale."

They looked at each other before facing me, "What?!"

I raised an eyebrow, "Relax. He just wants to know more about what I am. Besides, he's friends with my brother. I'll be fine." I walked through the hallways and out of the school doors. An all black car came gliding smoothly into the parking lot. People watched as I hopped in the passenger seat.

"You must be popular. Everyone was talking about you." Derek said driving away.

"Not really. I'm just the center of people's gossip." He nodded and after a few minutes, Derek parked his car.

"Is this your place?"

He nodded and opened the door.

-
-

"How old were you when you first shifted?" He asked leaning against the wall.

"I had just turned ten."

He looked shocked by my answer, "Is that for everyone or does everyone turn at different ages?"

"If one of your parents is an alpha, then you turn at ten. Everyone else turns at sixteen." I said playing with my sleeves.

"Wait, does this mean that Jordan is a wolf too?" Derek asked raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged, "I haven't asked him or seen him shift before."

"So what happened to your pack?" He said softly, sitting on the table in front of me.

"An enemy pack attacked us. Everyone died, except for me."

"Why didn't you die? You were a kid, they could've easily killed you."

I nodded, "My age didn't matter, I could've helped them fight. Children of the alpha are as strong as the alpha. But I wasn't there. I was at a friend's house."

"It was Liam's house, wasn't it?"

I raised an eyebrow at him, "How'd you know?"

Someone walked in, "That's why you  hate Liam." Scott said.

I shook my head and sighed, "I don't hate him. I could never hate him although I should. But yes, that's why I'm mad at him. I tried to tell him what happened and what I was but he thought I was crazy. He avoided me after that."

My phone rung causing me to jump, "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? If you go somewhere, you need to let me now. I've been worried sick." Jordan yelled into the phone.

"Sorry, I'll be home soon." I said hanging up.

"I'll give you a ride." Scott said.

We arrived at my house 10 minutes later.

"Looks like someone's here to see you." I looked over to see Liam sitting on my porch.

-
-

•Sorry for the late update! This is just a fill-in chapter that explains what Ash is and what happened to her pack and family. Brett, the new character, is played by Cody Saintgnue. He's a sweetheart. Next chapter will be based on last nights episode.•