Cairo stared at the message grinding his teeth.

Harmony POV

I walked into my grandmothers house seeing her kneeled at fireplace praying. I waited til she was finished before I spoke "Hello grandma" I have a fake smile she rolled her eyes. "What you want child" she asked.
"Well I'm sure the whole family knows I'm pregnant."
My grandmother cut her eyes at me "girl I thought you'd be pregnant way before now fucking with the grown men that you do."
I rolled my eyes "lemme guess you was praying about me" I scoffed .

"Not enough praying in this world." She retorted. "I was praying for mylise lord only knows what the girl could be going through right now"
"Well I came over here because I'm craving some of your homemade cornbread" I scoffed. She looked me up and down before handing me a apron. "Your going to help me make it"
I rolled my eyes accepting the apron. I grew annoyed hearing my mother come in but that turned to complete rage once I looked up and saw Kyrell holding my mother's hand. "Ms. Fatima is Dj's birth certificate here I can't seem to find my copy. Oh yeah lemme introduce y'all momma Fatima this is my fiancée kyrell , kyrell this is my ex husbands mother and my daughter Harmony." My mother smiled a bright smile one that I haven't seen since I was a baby. "Hello Kyrell" I mumbled continuing to help cook.
"My copy Is in my dressser top drawer" my grandmother told her. My mother disappeared into the back my grandmother not to far behind her.

"hpmh yall seem happy" I huffed Kyrell nervously rubbed the back of his neck I didn't know she was your mother til maybe a few days ago and I swear I was going to tell her just at my own pace & my own time." kyrell went one explaining himself wayyy more than I wanted to hear. "Look she happy that's all tat matters ma momma deserves at least that if not anything else. I'll put Jr on so we don't ruin ya happily ever after bruh just treat my momma right."

"ready to go baby" my mother asked walking back into the kitchen. he slowly nodded not taking his eyes off of mine. "Love you harmony & love ya'll to ya'll going to be grndmama babies." she cooed to my stomach I plastered a fake smile on my face. Kyrell's mouth dropped open. "yeah me and the babies father Cortez You remember Cortez right ma."

I ha no intentions on telling my mother who my child's father was ,but I had to put kyrell's mind to rest I know it was racing probably wondering if I was carrying his child or not. I know whose babies I am carrying I am carrying Cortez Richards children I felt proud admitting that. First time I felt proud admitting anything. "little nappy headed boy who would walk you to school & take you to the corner store." my mother asked with a smile rubbing my stomach. I nodded.

"I always thought that if I had to pick any man for you I would've picked good puck baby. I mean I am not the happiest that y'all decided to do shit backwards and have a baby first but i'm happy for y'all."

I felt weirdly happy with what my mother said I felt as if she really does care and love me maybe I do needa give her a chance I mean what's the worst that could happy and in the spirit of accepting things as it is and honest mood I was in I opened my mouth revealing something I wish I could take back.

"I told mylise who her real father was" I blurted out too quickly catch myself.

Everyone's head snapped towards me with their faces all contorted.

Mylise POV

I couldn't fight the tears from falling down my face as Jason carried out of the wedding reception . "calm down" he grumbled. I caused a scene by attempting to run up to my parents but Cartez caught my halfway there tossing me over his shoulder. I screamed for my mother and father.

My heart breaking while were being dragged apart. "I just wanna speak to my mother" my voice broke as I spoke. I struggled to get out of my wedding dress. " I was told to keep you In here Cartez will be here in a while" Jason mumbled tossing back a shot of hennesssy. "fuck you brah to be very honest bring my bitch Envy in here she'll understand talking to you feels like I'm talking to fucking a brick wall. Do I need a tea cup to hypnotize you to get out GOOOOOOO!" I snapped at jason.

Jason stared at me with his head cocked to the side "I would've been hadda beat Envy ass if she ever disobeyed me the way you disobey Cartez do you know how you made him look tonight in front of his workers, his mother, HIS FATHER. He looked like a fool that couldn't control his bride. Straight disrespect is what you presented tonight." Jason snarled. I glared at him " you done?"

He slowly nodded "Good now go get Envy" I rolled my eyes.

I chewed on the inside of my lip thinking about the look on my mother's face. "Are you okay" Envy asked upon entering the room. I hugged her "yeah. Are my parents okay what happened after I got dragged out the room." I asked partially worried that something bad may have happened and it would've been my fault.

"Your mother got upset as could be expected. She broke down and your father tried his best to hold it together but it was said even he shedded a few tears. Maybe if you listen Cartez will let you see your family for a little bit like a visit."

I looked at Envy like she was dumb "Sis ion have to listen to him at all he isn't my daddy. You must've forgot he kidnapped me as in ABDUCTED. This was a force marriage not out of love and yeah maybe I thought I was catching feelings for him , but not anymore bitch this niggah done violated for the last time he wouldn't let me check on my mother. You know how that shit felt to be able to see her but not touch her or hug her seeing her upset and not being able to do shit about it besides sit there and watch. This cartel shit has been taken way to far now maybe your okay with sitting here and being in this shit but I'm not a weak bitch I refuse to." I was pissed off by the end of my sentence everyone acted as if I was never going home again and that was something that I refused to let rock.

"first of all your really a spoiled brat. your acting as if this is the worst thing in the world that could happen to you right now. Do you understand how fucking lucky you are because they could've just chopped your head off an sent it to your parents instead they offered you another chance at life. Secondly I didn't fucking chose this life you got broken in a lot easier than I did you woke up in a basement halfnaked chained to a wall did you? I was starved for days at a time. I was beaten for hours and hours on end. so don't tell me nothing about choices because right now your choosing to be difficult."

Envy was cut short by this very dark man coming In rushing across the room the only thing I remember was him slapping me my head snapped and everything went black.