YOU'RE PRETTY CUTE

A/N: I HAD TO OKAY I HAD TO IM SORRY IT WAS SUCH AN INCREDIBLE MOVIE LEAVE ME ALONE OKAY ALSO THE ENDING IS A LITTLE ABRUPT SO DONT ATTACK PLS

also i want to make it more than clear that i'm not trying to romanticize cystic fibrosis !!! i understand that the disease alone is terrible and i send all my love to the people who struggle with it <3

WARNINGS!: NONE!

You inhaled strapping your mask on, carrying your oxygen tank in your bag that hangs off your shoulder. Your Y/H/C locks bounced on your shoulders as you walked down the hallway of the hospital that you've gotten oh so familiar with.

You were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis long ago, you've gotten used to the hospital due to how long you've been in and out of it. You've accepted the fact that your life was going to be different, you've accepted that it's going to be shorter than others, but that gave you another reason to live it well while you can.

Walking down the hallway, you smiled causing your eyes to crinkle waving at the nurses that took care of you often. You've became accustomed to relying on them, they've become family to them.

"Good Morning Julie!" You beamed,

She looked up from her desk smiling, "Morning Y/N/N, have you done your morning treatment?"

You nodded, "Did it about ten minutes ago."

Julie's eyes brighten, "Good, I'll see you around noon."

You nodded waving her off as you arrive at your best friends hospital room, you knock peaking your head in,

"Stella?"

Stella's head turned towards the door, her arm leaning farther up pointing the camera towards you,

"And that's one of my best friends! Say hi Y/N."

You waved awkwardly causing yourself to laugh, "Uh Hi."

Stella smiled, "I'm streaming if that isn't obvious already."

You nodded, "It's quite obvious but I was heading to the NICU, I was gonna ask if you wanted to come but you're streaming so don't worry about it."

"No! I'll be there in ten." She exclaimed moving her camera down,

You nodded waving her off, you shut the door quietly starting your way towards the NICU shoving your hands in your pockets.

Walking your mind started to wander, how did you get here? Living in a hospital most of your life, wondering if you'd ever make it to your next birthday. You were on the waitlist for a new set of lungs but again, a new set of lungs can only last about five years and you were most than grateful to be on the list because another five years was like a lifetime for a CF patient. It made your heart ache, you didn't want to leave your family. They were devasted enough every time you acted like your most recent birthday was your last, you didn't want that for them, they didn't deserve it. They did everything they practically could to help you live a normal life. That's hard thought considering your situation, having to carry oxygen everywhere and everything.