HEALED BEFORE BROKEN

A/N: YOOOO THIS ONE IS MAD FUNNY IN MY OPINION HAHA

WARNINGS: SWEARING (?) AND UH ARCHIE BEING A BITCH, MATURE THEMES (INDICATED)

"I don't understand Arch

"I don't understand Arch.." you mumbled under your breath shaking your head,

Archie sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, "I'm uh, breaking up with you."

You raised an eyebrow, "Did I do something?"

He shook his head, "No, you didn't do anything. It was something I did."

You huffed hanging your head, you liked Archie a lot. You weren't madly in love with him, you guys had a stable loving relationship you just didn't understand why he wanted to break up all of a sudden. Grundy was out of town, Valerie doesn't want him, it didn't make sense.

"Fine." You whispered pushing passed him,

Archie turned around calling your name once more, you made eye contact continuing to walk.

He smiled softly, "We can still be friends?"

You rolled your eyes chuckling, "Right."

-

Your eyes were watching the moving traffic outside of Pop's, your milkshake sitting right in front of you untouched. The sweet essence dripping from the side of the glass, melting.

"You can talk to me about it you know, I know Archie's one of my best friends and I know he can pull dick moves, but I don't want that to stop you from talking to me." Jughead spoke shutting his laptop,

You smiled softly at him, "I appreciate it Jug, but I can barely come to terms with it. It's been what, five months with him?"

You didn't notice your eyes starting to glass, you went numb to the feeling of a tear sliding down your face only to be wiped away from Jughead. You glanced down, embarrassed. You felt his left arm gently squeeze your shoulders, subconsciously your head leaned into his shoulder.

"Was I a sucky girlfriend or something? I went to all his games, helped him practice for the stupid dance coming up next week, I don't understand." You mumbled staring out the rainy window,

You felt Jughead's chest tighten, "Listen Y/N, it wasn't that at all. I'm not supposed to tell you this but, I know why Arch... 'dumped' you."

You picked your head up of his shoulder, your hair tickling the denim jacket, "What?"

Jughead shifted looking into your eyes, "You know Veronica right?"

You felt your heart drop, you should've seen it coming. Veronica was drop dead gorgeous, her perfectly tanned skin always clear, her silky raven hair always bouncing off her shoulders. You leaned back into Jughead's arm sighing.