Chapter 22: Prove her wrong

*A/n: just a little heads up I'll be having exams for this following month which means I won't be able to write for the next few weeks. Unfortunately for this book I don't have written chapters to post so this book won't be updated till I finish school. I hope you all understand and stay patient because as soon as I'm done you guys will have plenty of updates. Enjoy this chapter ! *

"I wish I could just hang out with you all day" I admit with a sigh as I look at Josh's sparkling blue eyes, "Me too sweetheart" he breathes out as he plays with my fingers. We're both just lingering behind a tree, neither of us wanting to go inside the school and be apart for seven useless hours.

Once Josh and I started dating and he promised that he wouldn't hook up anymore and he started hanging out at the library for almost the whole day. He was suddenly determined to get better grades in his subjects to finish his last school year with strong grades, obviously I couldn't be prouder of him but I just wish I could spend more time with him.

"I have to go" I say softly with a sad smile, "Riley will start freaking out if I'm not there in a few minutes" I explain as he nods in understanding. "I'll miss you" he admits making my heart skip a beat, "Yeah?" I question with a grin as I take a step closer to him, "How badly will you miss me?" I question with a raised brow, looking at him expectantly.

He grabs my waist pulling me against him before lowering his lips towards my ear, "So badly" he whispers making goosebumps raise on my skin, his breath tickling my skin before he presses his lips below my ear leaving a soft kiss. I grip onto his shirt holding on tightly as my knee buckle underneath me from Josh's contact. The things this man can do to me.

I pull away slightly to cup his cheek and guide his lips onto mine, kissing him passionately. I part his lips, diving my tongue into his mouth as I take complete dominance over the kiss. I tug his hair at the nape of his neck eliciting a moan from the back of his throat making me smile into the kiss.

"Maya?" I instantly part away from Josh and turn to stare at the brunette in utter shock. She caught me, it was one of the last ways I ever wanted her to find out I was dating her uncle. I had planned so many other ways for her to know that her uncle isn't some jerk but a sweet guy who is my boyfriend.

"R-riles" I stutter not knowing what to say, I really didn't expect her to find us, what was she doing here? She should be already in school next to her locker whilst chatting with Lucas and the others.

"So this is how my uncle helps you with homework" she snips causing my heart to break. Her arms are crossed over her chest, the glare she's giving certainly let's me know that she is anything but happy with me right now. "What no" I shake my head taking a step towards her but she takes one back. "He's actually helping me do better in school" I insist but she rolls her eyes clearly not buying anything I'm saying.

"How long has this been going on?" She demands keeping her cold glare on me. I bite my lip and take a deep breath before answering, "About a month" I admit making her scoff.

"So you lied to me for a month about my uncle?" She asks in disbelief, "You know what I'm not even shocked, I knew he was going to brainwash you but I just hoped you we're smarter than to fall for his trick" her words take me by surprise. Riley has never ever spoken to me like that before, in all of the years I've been with her the meanest thing she ever said to me was that my handwriting wasn't pretty and once she said it she felt so bad that she kept on apologising for a whole year.