Chapter 24: Stubborn

A/N: I FINISHED SCHOOL !! YAY!! That means I'll be working on updates for all of my books!! Hope you enjoy this one❤

Everyone at school is a little shocked to see Josh and I together, most of them probably think that I'm his next victim, eventually the rumours will die down within a week, however if Josh and I stay together for longer than a month I'm pretty sure they'll start back up and they'll all wonder how the hell we are still together.

But right now that isn't really my concern, instead I'm in a fight with my best friend and of course when that happens our other friends will step in and push us back together. It usually works as we talk it out but the way she's currently glaring at me makes me angrier at her. "Okay what's going on between the two of you?" Lucas asks motioning to the space between the brunette and I.

"Riley's mad at me because I'm dating Josh" I explain simply "My uncle Maya!" She exclaims "The one who ruined his life and the one who is going to ruin you!" She yells but I instantly cut her off "You have no idea what your saying so you better shut your fucking mouth!" I snap taking a step towards her. "Wow" Josh whispers grabbing my shoulders and pulling me back towards him.

Farkle made us meet outside of school, when we finished our last class so obviously Josh joined. "Calm down sweetheart" Josh whispers as the rest stare at me wide eyed. I would never in my life yell at Riley like that, I feel horrible for doing it, I really do but she left me no choice. She taught me to fight for what is important to me. Josh is important.

"I'm sorry" I whisper looking down at the floor, "But you're not the Riley I know, she would never talk about her family like you do" I say softly looking back up to meet the brunette's gaze. "She would listen to what her uncle and best friend have to say before making assumptions, she would give us a chance".

She bites her lip and shakes her head, "Maya I know him, my dad told me everything he does. Do you really want to date someone who sleeps around with a bunch of girls, who gets his ass drunk 24/7, who gets into horrible accidents wasting his parents money to pay his hospital bills? Is that really someone you want to be with?!" She asks frustratingly.

"No" I shake my head, that was the bad boy Josh, the one who was broken and needed someone to pull him out of the darkness. Right now, the boy standing behind me, the one who's rubbing his thumb in soothing circles on my hand to calm me down, he is the old Josh, the true Josh and she needs to know that he's back.

"Then why the hell are you going out with him?!" She shouts pointing at her Uncle angrily. I open my mouth to answer but she interrupts me "Is he that good in bed that you need to keep him?!" I glare at her ready to yell back but Josh tightens his grip on my hand and I close my eyes to calm myself down.

"If you'd shut up and let me explain you'd understand!" I snip making her scoff "There's nothing to explain! He won you over with his stupid little charm and he's going to take advantage of you before leaving you and then what? I'm the one who's suppose to pick up the pieces?!".

It's useless to fight with Riley, once she made her mind up about something, it's almost impossible to prove her wrong. I'm not gonna let her ruin my relationship with Josh, I'm still gonna fight to save our friendship but the more she insults me and Josh the more I want to be away from her.

"See this is what you don't get?!" I groan "He changed Riley! He's not who you think he is! If you'd hang out with him you'd know. He's a Matthews, the sweetest, most caring guy I've ever met, the one who's always there for me" I say with a soft smile quickly glancing at Josh.

"That's all an act!" She shouts "I don't get how you can't see that?!" I roll my eyes "I didn't realise you were so stupid to fall for his games, but then again look at what happened with you and Mason. You only choose bad guys Maya" I take a deep breath and turn to look at the boys who are looking at us with a confused expression.

"There's no point arguing with her. I'm done" I say with a shrug taking a few steps back. "If you two don't figure this out your not coming to my birthday" Farkle quickly says making my eyes widen. "What?!" Riley and I both say looking at the blonde boy in shock.

"You heard me" he says shifting his gaze between the two of us. "Riley and Maya are invited, not you two" he says simply "Those girls are best friends and find the best in each other, when they fight they always manage to get over it" he says before letting out a sigh. "You're not coming to my birthday unless you two fix whatever is going on with the both of you" he states before turning around and walking away.

I look at Riley and she huffs before turning around and walking away with Lucas following behind her. "Ugh" I groan in annoyance, "Why on earth is she being so stubborn?! I'm the stubborn one not her!" I exclaim frustratingly "She's suppose to be the understanding one" I add running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry" Josh apologises making me look up at him, my face softens and I step closer to him. "Don't apologise, it's not your fault" I insist leaning up and pecking his lips. I pull away and find him smiling down at me, "Let's go on a walk" he suggest making me nod, "Okay" I agree.

~🏍~

The blonde and I walk around Central Park, our hand intertwined whilst she tells me stories about all the adventure her and her best friend have been on. I loved hearing the silly things my niece and my girlfriend did but it makes me feel a little bad because they were arguing and it's all my fault. I knew Maya wouldn't admit it to me but I knew that I was the one dragging them apart and it killed me.

I hated being the reason that Maya would lose someone as important as Riley. She needed her best friend and I won't allow myself to be the one who tears them apart.

"What about you?" She questions looking up at me, "Didn't you have a best friend back in Philly? Any adventure you wanna tell me?" She asks with curious eyes. A simple question that causes my heart to drop and making me stop in my tracks. "You okay?" She asks worriedly moving to to stand in front of me as she sees my face drop. "Baby?" Her eyes fill with worry and she lifts a hand, carefully placing it on my cheek trying to snap me back to reality, so she can get an answer.

"No" I shake my head taking a step back from her, letting her hand go and moving away from her touch. "I don't have a-" I trail off taking a deep breath to let the next word out without having a melt down. "Best friend" I let out "No adventures to tell you" I add keeping my gaze on the floor.

"Okay" she whispers taking a step towards me. "I'm sorry" she apologises softly but I shake my head "You didn't do anything" I assure her, looking up to meet her gaze. "I did" she insists "I clearly triggered something" I bite my lip and shake my head. "Josh" she sighs closing the distance between us and taking my hand. "Baby you know I love you, so much" she says squeezing my hand, "But one day you're gonna have to stop hiding from me, you know I'm here for you and like you told me it isn't healthy to bottle up your emotions or past" I stare at her crystal blue eyes which are seemingly calming me down.

"You already know my past and one day you're gonna have to speak about yours so I can avoid triggering you during moments like these okay?" I just nod making a soft smile pull at her lips. "I love you" I smile and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her even closer to me. "I love you more angel" I whisper before pressing my lips against hers in a passionate soft kiss.

"Come on" she murmurs dragging me to a bench. I sit down next to her but I make her move so she's sitting on my lap causing her to let out an adorable giggle. "So, did you decide if you were going to Farkle's birthday party?" She asks making me shrug, "I don't know, he did just invite me because he found out we were dating" I point out but she shrugs. "He's having a big party and he ended up inviting practically everyone" she argue "And anyways I want you there" she adds with a smirk making me chuckle.

"Oh so just cause you want me there I have to go?" She nods with a grin "That's how it works" I raise a brow "The boyfriend's gotta make his girlfriend happy" I roll my eyes and let out a soft laugh. "If you say so" I agree "Does that mean you'll go?" She asks already getting excited "If that's what will make my girl happy, yes" she shrieks and throws her arms around my neck hugging me tightly. "Thank you!" She shouts making me laugh as I hold her against me.

"I love you so freaking much" she gushes cupping my face in between her hands and pecking my lips over and over again making me chuckle. I hold her neck, holding her down and allowing me to kiss her back softly. "I'll do anything for you my angel, and I'll always love you more" I murmur looking at her lovingly as her gorgeous blue eyes sparkle with happiness.