Chapter 8: I hate him

"He what?" Riley shouts making me groan as I slam my locker shut, "Would you shout it louder" I say annoyed making her sigh, "I'm sorry I just can't believe he would do that to you" she says still confused. "Yeah well the world is full of surprises" I shrug as we start walking down the hall towards the cafeteria.

"Maya" my heart drops at the sound of his voice and my stomach churns making me feel sick. "Baby" he adds as I scrunche my nose in disgust, I turn around and find Mason with a smirk on his lips, "Hey baby girl" he says taking a step towards me but I shake my head and take a large one back, "You don't get to call me that anymore, or talk to me at all so get lost" I say watching his features turn into a mad expression, I turn on my heels and start to walk away but he grabs my writs tightly and turns me around causing me to utter a yelp.

"Don't you talk to me like that you little slut" he growls tightening his grip on my wrist making me whimper. "You're still mine for all I know" he adds starting to lean down to kiss me but I knee him between his legs causing him to let go of me and groan in pain. "I'm not yours" I snap and turn to walk away, "You okay?" Riley asks carefully as I take a deep breath and nod, "I'll be fine if I stay far from him" I say shooting her a quick smile. "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll meet you with the others in a few minutes" she bites her lip unsure if she should leave me alone but after arguing with herself for a few seconds she gives in, "Okay, love you peaches" she says quickly kissing my cheek "Love you too" I assure her before walking away, towards the bathroom. I get in a stall and dropping my bag as I lock the door and lean against it, I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths trying to get my heart to beat at a normal pace. I look back down at my wrist and find it red and slightly swollen, it's definitely going to bruise. Gosh I hate him so much, I wish he'd just trip over a knife.

After gathering myself up I leave the bathroom only for my eyes to find Josh slamming Mason into the lockers about to punch him. "Josh!" I yell running towards him and grabbing his hand, "What the hell are you doing?" I ask looking at him like he's lost his mind. "That assholes sent your nudes to everyone" he says before slamming Mason back into the lockers as my eyes widen. "My what?" I question confused, "Josh I never sent him nudes or anything" I admit frustratingly as he glances at me confused, "Then what the hell is this?" He questions pulling out his phone and showing me the message.

I take it from him and find a bunch of pictures of a girl's naked body and at the bottom it said, 'Maya's free, who wants to hit her up next, she doesn't dissapoint ;)' I roll my eyes and hand his phone back. "That isn't me" I shrug, "I have a beauty spot right next to my belly button" I say lifting my shirt for him to see, "And in all those pictures it's not there, and there's more but I figure a beauty spot would be enough to prove to you that I'm not that kind of girl" I explain as Josh bites his lip and glances back to Mason.

"I should still punch him for sending that stupid message" he growl tightening his grip on Mason. "As much as I would like that, don't" I say softly placing my hand on Josh's shoulder, "He's not worth it, believe me" I add. I watch Josh gnaw on his bottom lip thinking about his next actions but when I see his fist tightening I decide to step in, "If you hurt him you'll get suspended, I don't think your parents will be too happy with that and I certainly won't be happy with you" He sighs and drops Mason on the ground making me smile softly. "Next time you do some shit like that I'll end you" Josh threatens kicking the locker next to Mason for intimidation, "And I won't hold back" Josh adds before walking away.

~🏍~

The rest of the day ends with me getting eyed by a bunch of boys and glared from all the girls. I told the gang that it wasn't me and showed my beauty spot just like I did to Josh so they'd be convinced although they did take my word for it although I felt like I needed to make sure they knew it wasn't me.

I'm in my room attempting to do my homework when a soft knock is heard at my door. "Yes?" I answer before it opens, revealing Josh, "Hey" he smiles leaning against my door frame as I look back down at my work. "Hi" I breathe out trying to make sense of this math question. "How you feeling?" He asks curiously walking to my bed before he takes a seat at the edge of it. "I'm fine" I shrug lifting my hand and running my fingers through my hair. "When did you get that bruise?" Josh asks confused, his eyes glued to my wrist. My eyes widen and I instantly dread the conversation we are about to have, "I got it this morning" I shrug trying to play it off as I was nothing, "How?" He questions but I roll my eyes, "What are you detective Josh?" This time he's the one to roll his eyes, "I hit my hand against a table really hard by accident" I lie as he raises his brow, clearly unconvinced.

"You do realise that you're a bad liar right?" He asks making me scoff, "Plus that does not look like a bruise you'd get from hitting your hand on a table" he admits making me sigh, "So what you're an expert at bruises now?" He chuckles and shakes his head, "I don't get why you'd lie about a bruise" he admits with a shrug before his eyes immediately widen and lock against my own, I break the gaze and look back down, knowing he figured out why I was lying.

"If you tell me that Mason did that to you he's dead" his words are laced with such a promise behind that it sends chill down my back. "Forget about it okay?" I say softly but he scoff and stands up, starting to pace in my room, "I can't believe he touched you again!" He exclaims frustratingly "Was it after or before I had him?" He demands stopping in front of me, "Before" I answer making him let out a breath, "I should've finished him" he admits running his hand through his hair, "If I see him tomorrow it'll be the end" he chuckles with a smirk but I get up and shake my head.

"You're not going to do anything" I assure him as I stop in front of him, "It's none of your business Josh so back off" he stares at me in shock and shakes his head, "Are you serious?" He asks looking at me like I lost it, "Last time I checked he was taking advantage of you and if it wasn't for me you'd be raped!" He shouts taking me aback, although he was right, I just didn't want him to get involved.

"If you really don't want my help fine" he says starting to walk out of my room, "Wait" I breathe out turning to face him, "I'm sorry" I apologise, "I'm just overwhelmed and I really don't need you getting into trouble because of me" I admit causing his face to soften "Maya" he sighs walking towards me, "I know I can be a jerk sometimes but it doesn't mean I'm not going to be there for you" he admits making me smile "No guy should treat a girl like that" he adds causing me to break and throw myself in his arms. He's surprised but he doesn't fail to wrap his arms around me, holding me against him. "I hate him" I grumble making him chuckle, "Me too" he adds leaning down and kissing the top of my head, my eyes widen at his gesture and I feel him tense up as he probably realised what he just did, I bite my lip to stifle my smile and tighten my grip around him.

"You missed me kneeing him when he grabbed me" I add with a wide smile as I pull away to look at him, "Ms. Hunter the bad ass" he says making me chuckle "Who would've thought" he teases making me glare at him, he rolls his eyes and smiles, "How about we go ice that wrist of yours?" He suggest as I nod and take his hand, leading him to the kitchen.

____________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do whatever

-Mel❤