chapter five

| CHAPTER FIVE | I need you

" it had been so long that only a little feels like an eternity. "

「✱ ➶ ♕ ♡ 」

"Were you listening?"

Bellamy's voice startles me, out of my silent daze to blend in with the Ice Nation Army. A smile crosses my lips at the words, only to fall once realizing what he spoke about. We trailed at the end, staying as far away as possible without looking suspicious. We have to be able to slip away.

"It was horrible," I say quietly, hearing what had happened to the children that survived Farm station landing. I know Bellamy would be keen to place the blame, to distrust all. Especially after being betrayed by the grounders at mount weather— I don't blame him at all. In fact, it makes sense. But sometimes, the anger and the need for vengeance causes a war that only costs more lives. If only people didn't let it control them. "But Azgeda," I say firmly, sideyeing him. He's watching me skeptically, but from the words I know he knows. Azgeda is the problem, Azgeda killed the children, Navy's parents and they are the current problem. Past problems are in the past. You can hate it all you want, but it's already been done and people have paid the price.

  "Let's move." Bellamy mumbles, his voice low. The less talking we did, the better we would blend in. Besides, if anyone recognized me— hence the almost-complete face cover up— we would be dead in an instant. "Follow me."

Wordlessly we begin the walk to the woods from the open, which isn't necessarily hard. There were hundreds if not thousands of Azgeda warriors taking over the field, hardly anyone would suspect anything. They were searching for Wanheda, and waging war if they got Clarke. She had grown into something she never asked for, and I can imagine how lonely it feels. Glancing over, I stick fairly close to Bellamy, mainly to easy my nerves. "Let me handle Roan. You get Clarke."

I can hardly see his eyes over the cloth, but I can picture the scowl written across his lips and the disproving look in his eyes. He must not be able to figure out the words and how to say them, or simply just being stubborn. After Mount Weather there had been multiple argument about the safety of the other, and neither Bellamy or myself gave up. I was always grateful he cared enough, but doing nothing is never an option. It was the same way with him, but we couldn't help it. I don't have that much more to loose, and loosing Bellamy is not an option.

We break through the trees, nearing each other once again, scanning for places to hide. They couldn't move far with the clan just outside unless Roan wants to hand over Clarke. Which if we're right, is exactly the opposite of what he wants. Bellamy pulls off his mask, myself doing the same and drawing my sword. I wasn't sure if Bellamy had any guns under the layers of clothing, but I can't be sure Roan would react calmly. "There," Bellamy says quietly, leading me to a stone entrance. I wonder what it's here for, if it was a shelter once upon a time Worry quickly follows, the darkness disturbing. Reaching over behind my shoulder, I take one of the swords sheathed on my back and hand it to him.