Poms

"13 years of Pom Poms, seriously?" Jacob asks, handing me the bucket of Poms. 

"Yup, 5 year old when I got my first pair!" I smile. 

"You are insane" Jacob laughs. 

I pull out the ones I got when I was five and hand them to Jacob "Here, give these to Cassie" 

"No, I can't take these, they were your first pair" Jacob states. 

"Take them, I don't need all these if they are just going to sit up in the attic" I shrug. 

"Okay fine, But I feel offended that Cassie gets a pair and I don't" Jacob pouts. 

I roll my eyes and pull out a pair "These are from this year and from what I recall you already tried to steal them, so here" 

"Sweet!" Jacob smiles. 

"You are such a dork" I giggle. 

"Uhm I need something to remember you by, And these are perfect!" Jacob states. 

"How?" I ask, throwing a book in a box. 

"Pom Poms are the signature of all cheerleaders therefore I need a pair to remember the most outspoken cheerleader I've ever met" he explains. 

"Yeah okay, now keep packing please, I leave tommarow" I sigh, causing Jacob to go quite. 

"It's weird hearing you say that" He says, taping a box up "we are going to miss you" 

"Don't worry. I'll be back for graduation" I state. 

"Prom is going to suck!" Jacob whines.

"Boohoo. Your poor high school musical life" I laugh. 

Jacob rolls his eyes. 

"Have you talked to Sam recently?" I ask. 

"No, He hasn't talked to any of us" Jacob explains. 

"Oh.." 

"Don't worry, He'll come through, He's going to be here for a goodbye sooner or later, Right? Maybe at the party tonight" He assures. 

"yeah, I guess" I state. 

Next thing I know I'm pulled into a hug "Don't worry about it" 

I nod and hug back, it felt like old times. 

I missed this. 

Jacob made everything better. 

We pulled away and looked up at each other. 

I knew we didn't notice, but we were slowly leaning in. 

But before our lips could touch my door swung open. 

"Hey Claire, your mom says Jacob and you have to go out and help set up..." Carlos says before realizing the blush on both of our faces. 

"Oh...kay see you downstairs" Carlos says, with a smile on his face, before disappearing down stairs. 

"Soooo...." Jacob sighs. 

"Soooo...." I sigh "We better-" 

"Yeah go and -"

"Help...yeah" 

"Yeah..." 

We look at each other and start laughing.

"Race you downstairs" Jacob smiles. 

"It's on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You what!" Kayla shrieks. 

I cover her mouth and look over at Jacob who is talking to Zach. 

Kayla mumbles something before licking my hand "Gross!" I cry, removing my hand. 

"You two almost kissed!" She whisper shouts. 

"It was in the moment!" I defend. 

"You still have feelings for him!" Kayla states. 

"do not!" 

"Yes you do!" 

"No" 

"Yes" 

"No" 

"No" 

"Yes" 

"Ha!" Kayla smiles in victory. 

"Wait.." 

"You have to tell him" Kayla states. 

"No! I'm leaving tommarow, I can't do that" I explain. 

"Boo! Why not?" Kayla asks. 

"Because I'm not" I state. 

"Ugh fine" Kayla sighs. 

I look over to my left to see Cassie talking to a few girls her age showing off the poms I gave her. 

"She's a mini you!" Emmet laughs, walking up to us. 

"Oh defiantly" I laugh. 

"That's scary" Kayla states. 

I slap her arm in response and roll my eyes "Just stating the facts!" Kayla smiles. 

"You both are so mean!" I laugh. 

"Am not!" They both yell. 

I shake my head and continue the night talking to people. 

It was a fun night but, knowing I was leaving the next day was weird. 

It was scary. 

In the words of Aspen. 

It's time to start a new chapter of my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER! AH! Unfortunately we don't see the goodbyes the day Claire leaves till the second book. What do you think happens in the sequel? Do you think Claire and Jacob will be endgame? Or Sam and Claire? Or will there be a new guy? Will we find out that Sam did say goodbye to Claire the day she left? Or didn't? Tell. Me. Everything! Listen to the song I linked, idk why but I feel like it's perfect for this chapter, it's like Jacobs thoughts.  Until next time my friends, I hope you guys enjoyed Small-town and I will see you in the books sequel <3

  Until next time my friends, I hope you guys enjoyed Small-town and I will see you in the books sequel <3