Goodbye.

Jacobs Pov

"You okay big brother?" Cassie asks from the doorway of my room. 

I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. 

My suit jacket was on the floor and my tie was messily tugged down. 

"No Cass...I'm not" I admit. 

"What happened?" She asks, sitting next to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jacob...." Claire says, pulling away. 

"I'm sorry I-" 

"It's fine. but Jacob, we aren't a couple anymore, you have Vanessa, you chose Vanessa, and as much as it hurt me, I somehow see the good in you... but I don't think we are a good match, But I have forgiven you for what you did...so...Lets start over?" Claire suggests. 

And without thinking I nod. 

"I would like that" 

No. You want to be with her!

"Hi, I'm Claire Emerson, I believe we are neighbors, and life long enemys" Claire states, holding her hand out. 

I shake her hand "Jacob Anderson"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you do that if you still love her?" Cassie asks. 

"Because love makes you do stupid things! And I want her to be happy, and if letting her go is what it takes...I guess I'll have to deal with it" I sigh. 

"I'm sorry" Cassie states. 

"Why? You're a kid, with no worries, you're life doesn't start in 5 months" I explain, sitting up. 

"You're life has already begun, you've made it through this far, so don't let one heartbreak ruin you" Cassie shrugs. 

I laugh "You're right, how did you get to be smarter then me?" 

"I always have! Duh!" Cassie mocks. 

I roll my eyes. 

~~~~~~~~

 A/NShort chapter...oops