Confidence

Confidence.

Something people thought I had a lot of. 

And I usually did. 

But walking down the hallways today was...different.

Since my mom told people about me moving soon, the word got around, fast.

Everyone knew. 

As Rylee and I walked down the hall side by side I watched as people looked at us. 

Nobody knew about Rylee. 

So it was because of me. 

Looking over to my left I saw Sam. 

He was wearing a black hoodie with gray sweatpants. When he looked up and saw me a flash of sadness and regret crossed his face. I noticed dark circles under his eyes, signaling he hasn't slept. 

Do you hear that?

Yeah...That's my heart...Shattering! 

I wanted to run up to him. I wanted to Hug him and kiss him and say I'm sorry. 

But I couldn't. 

I could hug him. 

But I can't kiss him...

If we talk again, It'll be as friends. 

College is literally just around the corner. 

And long distance relationships  don't work. 

"Claire!" Emmet yells, running up to me and engulfing me in a hug. 

"Hello to you too" I laugh. 

"I'm so proud of you!" Emmet squeals.

"Thank you!" I smile. 

"But I'm going to miss you so much!" He whines, pulling away from me. 

"I'll miss you too, but we can text and call!" I explain, starting to walk to my locker.

"That's a lot of work! All I have to do right now is walk across the street or come to school!" Emmet laughs "And besides, it's weird that you're going to such a big city, we are Smalltown kids! Why would you want to change that?" He asks, following me. 

"I will always be a Smalltown kid, but, I want a change" I state, opening my locker and grabbing the books I needed for 1st hour. 

"Ugh fine, but I'm visiting at once or twice over the summer" Emmet explains. 

"Deal" I smiles, closing my locker. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacobs POV

"I know a secret!" Vanessa sings, walking up to me. 

I sigh and close my locker "We talked about gossiping" 

"I know! But this was to good not to post on my Instagram" Vanessa explains. 

I take out my phone and go to her instagram. 

There's a picture of a positive pregnency with the caption "Congrats Rylee and Victor! You'll make great parents!" 

My mouth drops and I look up at Vanessa "Delete that post!" 

"Why? Half the school has already seen it!" Vanessa smiles. 

Anger flows through my body "Well then, looks like we're done. Vanessa I'm sick of this behavior from you, grow up!" 

"You aren't actually breaking up with me are you?" Vanessa snaps.

"Yes I am, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be with someone new in two days" I state. 

"You can't say that to me!" Vanessa shreiks. 

"I just did" I smile. 

"Vanessa!" I look around her too see Claire storming over. 

"Great" Vanessa sighs "What do you want roach" 

Emmet and Kayla were standing behind Claire, hugging a crying Rylee. 

"What is your problem?" Claire asks "You find one drop of information and you feel the need to tell everyone!" 

"Just be happy I chose Rylees deal instead of you and Sam" Vanessa sneers. 

"How do you even know this stuff?" I ask. 

"Oh, I over heard Kayla telling Zach about it, and looking at today, I'm guessing Claire and Sam broke up" Vanessa smiles. 

There was a crowd starting to form around us. 

Claires faces goes white and she looks down. 

"Vanessa that's enough!" Emmet shouts. 

"Shut up gay one!" Vanessa snaps. 

"Okay that's it" Kayla yells, grabbing a bottle of Pepsi from her backpack and storming up to Vanessa "Listen you self centered spoiled bitch, you have no right to treat my friends like trash because they aren't mirrors" Kayla yells. 

"And what are you going to do about it, Prep?" Vanessa smirks. 

"This" Kayla says, before pouring the bottle of Pepsi over Vanessas head. 

Laughs erupt through the crowd of people who were now pulling out there phones. 

Vanessa screams before running off to the bathroom. 

I high five Kayla, Emmet doing the same right after. 

Claire grabs her backpack from the ground and walks away after saying "Lets go Rylee" 

Rylee and Claire exit the school and we stand there. 

"What do we do?" Emmet asks. 

"Give them time" Kayla nods. 

"That's probably for the best" I say. 

"That took guts Kay"Zach smiles, side hugging Kayla. 

"Thanks!" Kayla smiles "My confidence just sky rocketed I guess"

We all laugh but it drifts off. 

"Should we check on them?" Emmet asks. 

I look up at all of them before saying...

"No...I have a different idea"