I feel your love through the simple beat

"Now I'm going to need you to open up and say, 'ah'," Phil spoke to his next patient, setting the tongue depressor in the man's mouth who did as he was told. Phil flashed his small light in the guy's mouth, looking back in his throat in order to try and detect any type of illness that he may have acquired over the course of six months of not having a check-up. Of course though, there was nothing wrong, just like every other patient Phil has to take care of that steps into his office. 

"Throat looks perfect, as usual," Phil said as he pulled away, taking a step towards his computer as his fingers skimmed across the keyboard, typing everything he needed to, which he practically rehearsed every other minute of the day since he was popular in the town for being one of the best doctors you can get. 

"Thank god," the guy answered, but Phil only had one ear listening. Though, his profession isn't very match-able to his characteristics, Phil wasn't necessarily a people person. He would always answer with one word responses, he never started up any type of conversation with a stranger. It's just how he was, and it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It just made his job a bit more difficult as some people didn't really see him as friendly, (which of course was bullshit since Phil is nicer than half the town). "It's been sore the past couple of days, I was a bit worried I had strep or something."

"Nope, nope, everything is normal," Phil responded, almost half positive that he used a correct retort since he only heard part of the statement. "The only thing today I saw was that your blood pressure was the slightest bit past the average, so we'll just need to keep an eye on that so that it won't go any higher," Phil turned from his computer and went to where the man was up on the 'bed' that everyone sits at when they enter the office. The guy seemed to be about Phil's age of twenty-seven. His hair was spiked at a tuft, and he was sporting the smallest bit of stubble- which could just be a five o'clock shadow, and Phil couldn't lie, he was attractive. 

"That's a relief," the man sighed and chuckled, leaning his head back. Phil watched his movements, curious as to whether this guy was really stating his throat was sore, or that he just wanted to make some type of conversation- whether flirting or not. 

"Yeah, it would have been a shame," either way, no matter what intentions the man had for Phil, there was one last test that needed to be passed. The one that would truly show Phil whether or not he needed to draw his eyes away from his patients features or not. "I need to check your heart rate, then we'll be done,"

"Sure thing, doc," Phil internally cringed. As some people find it endearing or honoring to be titled as 'doctor' or 'doc', Phil definitely found it a bit offensive. It made him feel older, but of course he just shakes it off and gets to work. 

"Give me a moment," Phil stepped aside, acting as if he had to go retrieve his stethoscope, which was actually hidden under his doctor's uniform. Of course though, the guy didn't really need to complain since he wasn't the one in charge at the moment. 

While Phil was to the side, he looked down, back to his patient, as he took his first two fingers and pressed them against his own wrist, feeling the gentle pad of his heartbeat pounding in the small area. He closed his eyes for longer than a normal blink and sighed, trying to get the rhythm locked in his head. Once he got the beat, he pulled his sleeve back down and turned, pulling his stethoscope from around his neck and heading over to the man. 

"This may be a little cold," Phil spoke and pushed the instrument underneath his shirt, with the small plugs in his ear. He only moved the end of his stethoscope around a little bit until he found the right area, hearing the soft thump which was the other man's heart beneath his chest. But, of course, Phil frowned as the sound didn't match up perfectly to his own. He seemed it would be that way, though, the fact that both boys really didn't seem to connect. Phil let out a gentle sigh and pulled away, taking the ear buds out. "Perfect, as usual,"