Terms and Conditions

I'm back after 7,000 years :D

Trigger warning: dysphoria, angst, trans!Dan

Word count: 2.8k

Enjoy ~

Dan stood and bit his lip, staring at the door and silently wishing that everything could disappear at this moment, including himself. It may have been around three years since he had step foot on this 'welcome home' mat, which ironically- he didn't feel at home.

Although the obvious thoughts that rang throughout this household, Dan had no intention to fit into their social norm, which was the reason that he had showed up wearing nothing but himself.

Chest bound down, flannel hanging off his not-so-broad shoulders, all accompanied by a pair of old jeans with one knee ripped open.

Part of Dan had this small fear that his parents wouldn't even be able to recognize him upon first glance, considering the fact that they haven't laid eyes on each other for all this time, and the fact that well- Dan has changed.

Hormones, confidence, the perfect hair cut and color was now in his favor, making him finally able to achieve the perfect physique and character he had been dreaming about since he was nearly seven years old. Although, it would be hard to say that this 'new Dan' was no where in his parents favor.

Last time they had spoken face to face, Dan's hair was down to his shoulders, a C cup bra clung tight to his chest, he had a voice that was three octaves higher than it is currently, and tears streaked down his red cheeks as he had it in his thoughts that this was the last he would see of his judgmental parents.

Yet still, here he is. Facing something he thought he would never overcome, and sitting in a car that was parked in the street was Phil, beaming in pride as he watched his boyfriend take the steps that they had been working on for nearly four months.

Dan peeked over his shoulder for comfort, searching for the eyes of his boyfriend, which he managed to meet, and even scored a wide eyed smile, causing contempt to shoot up his spine. I can do this. I can do this.

Footsteps were heard inside the house before Dan even realized that he had pressed the door bell, which followed by a few barks of their dog, which actually gave Dan a reason for wanting to continue this quest.

The door creaked open, which made a few seconds feel like a few minutes as he met the chocolate eyes of his mother, giving Dan a small sense that he had never left.

"Danielle?" she asked in a whisper, disbelief ringing in her tone. Dan overlooked his old name and nodded, eyes closing for a split second before returning to meet his mother's. "Danielle," she repeated with a bit more enthusiasm and threw her arms around her son, which he returned the embrace, listening as he could hear the gentle sobs emitting from her. "I thought you would never come back,"

"I thought so too," he returned, and guessed his mum was a bit too caught up in the moment to hear the change in his voice, unless she choose to ignore it- either way, this moment was truly better than he ever thought it would be.

"Well- uh- oh my goodness- um," his mum spluttered and chuckled at herself, not really finding the right words to say. "Come inside, come in, please," Dan nodded shyly as his mum held open the door, taking another reassuring glance back at Phil, noticing that his smile has only grown.

~

"Can I get you anything? Tea? Biscuit? Chocolate? I know how much you love chocolate!"

"No, mum. It's fine," Dan giggled under his breath as he could hear her rambling over and over about how she needs to buy more chocolate. Dan took a seat on the couch, taking note on how it was in a different position since the last time he was here. "I see you redecorated?"