movies

"Come on Phil!" I say and pull him into the cinema.

"I don't want to go!" he says as I continue to pull his arm to some of the seats in the theater. There was literally no one there.

"You'll be fine!" I assure him and we sit down. Phil has never enjoyed horror films but I honestly just wanted to spend time with him. Yes, yes I do have a crush on my best friend who is straight. Is it wrong? Well, yeah it is. But whatever.

The film starts and I really can't pay attention. I just keep thinking about how much I want to be with Phil. My thoughts get interrupted when Phil let out one of his little "Ah"s and buries his face in my arm. I glance at him and then the screen to see something popped out. I giggle and smile down at Phil who still had his face covered.

"Is it over?" I hear him squeak and I look back up at the screen which the scary part has passed.

"Yeah, it's over," I say to him and he slowly uncovers his face and sighs out of relief when a brighter scene starts.

"This is scary, Dan!" he says and grabs my hand. I smile looking down at it and entwine our fingers together.

"Well, I'm here, so you're fine," I say and see him smile down at our fingers that are laced together.

"Well, I guess I feel safe now," he says almost motioning to our hands. I giggle looking back up at the screen.

"Same here," I say

~

It's nearly midnight when we get home. After walking in the living room, I stop and I hear Phil stop behind me. I turn around and look in his bright blue eyes smiling.

"Dan?" he asks curiously smiling at me. I look down at his hand and bite my lip nervously before reach forward and grab his hand. He smiles down at our hands and entwines our fingers together again. My face lights up when I realize it, I have a chance with him! "Um, Dan?" he asks nervously.

"Hm?" I reply slowly moving my thumb across the top of his hand as that is something I had always wanted to do.

"Can I stay in your room tonight? I'm scared to stay in my room alone after that movie," I smile even brighter and nod before he walks to his room to change and I go to mine. Phil soon returns only in sonic sweatpants while I was wearing my boxers and a tee-shirt.

"Nice PJs," I say grinning at his childish pajamas. He blushes and looks down.

"It's all I had clean, shut up," he says quietly and I chuckle.

"It's okay," I say taking a step closer to him. "I think they're quite adorable," I pause feeling satisfaction when his cheeks turn red. "Just like you," he smiles up at me.

"Really?" he asks.

"Of course," I nod and he smiles again. "Let's get to bed," I say awkwardly and walk over to turn out the lights. I go back to bed and climb in next to Phil laying next to him while we face each other. I smile at him seeing the dark isn't helping him just seeing a horror film and he smiles nercously and glances about the room. "No ghosts are going to get you Phil," I say and scoot closer to him. He turns so he's on his back and I wrap my arms around his waist. I can feel him relax as I did so and took a small risk by planting a kiss on his neck. For what seems like forever, we lay in that position and I could feel myself drifting off.

"Dan?" I hear him say bringing me wide awake again. "Dan?"

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Can we, um, do this more often?" I smile at the sound of that.

"Sounds perfect," I say.

"Oh, and Dan?" he asks.

"Yes?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" I barely hear the words but as soon as he says them I smile brightly and turn to kiss him softly in response.

"Of course, I will Philly," I say. "Oh, um, I love you," He brings our lips together this time moving them softly.

"I love you too, Danny,"