Goodbye Beautiful

Soompi News Update

BREAKING: Seventeen's Dami Passing: Pledis and Police confirm

BREAKING   May 17, 2019

Reports are crashing in around LA, USA as police and pledis confirm the death of companies beloved idol Wu ChenGuang. 

Official reports state the young woman was shot, and ultimately passed, at the sight of a fan meet organised by the company. 

The gunman named to be Joseph Craigs had attended the event with the intent of killing the female idol. He had set it up to look like he was going to shoot another member of the group ultimately acting on the woman's well known motherly instinct. Dami was able to save the life of the unnamed member whilst sacrificing her own. 

The man has been captured and is going through the necessary procedures with the American Police though the South Korean Police are liasing. 

Pledis entertainment released the following statement:

' We are writing to you from the head of Pledis entertainment to confirm the most tragic news in the history of the company. 

We are confirming the death of our beloved idol Wu ChenGuang more commonly known as her stage name DAMI. This situation has left all of our hearts heavy and we are further more going to request that you allow her members and family the time to grieve. 

Forever in our heart's Pledis' sweet angel Chennie'

M Countdown

Official statement of program change

'Due to the events of the day, our program is going to change. Rather the night shall be dedicated to one of the industry's brightest stars. Therefore, please take into consideration the love we feel for Seventeen's Dami as we dedicate the night to her. To her beautiful voice and dancing skills. To her ability to make anyone she met feel loved. 

The song list has been changed to involve her favourite songs and we request that for the song 'Faded' that will be performed at the end of the night that the spectators allow for the song to be sung peacefully.

- Program staff at M Countdown'

Tributes to Wu ChenGuang