Chapter 23 - Two

Mira's POV

"Umm...Hi." He muttered as he pulled himself together.

"Hello." My mother greeted him.

My mother turned her gaze from him to me and looked at me from head to toe.

She cleared her throat and apologized. "I am sorry. I guess I disturbed both of you."

"Oh...No, Mom." I said, blushing as I understood what she had meant.

"Umm....I will leave two of you alone. I need to get ready. I am meeting up with David." Draco mumbled and almost ran towards the bedroom.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked my mother.

"No, I don't have so much time. Your father doesn't know that I am here. So I can't stay here so long." She said, giving me an apologetic look.

I looked down sadly.

"Come on, sit down." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

I nodded and sat down beside her.

"How are you? How is your pregnancy going?" She asked.

"I am fine. Everything is okay. Despite my morning sickness." I replied, smiling and placed my hand on my stomach.

"Did you go to the doctor?" She asked softly.

"Not yet. But we will go next week. I made an appointment." I informed.

"Good. Keep me informed." She said, giving me a warm smile. I nodded.

I turned around as I heard footsteps coming behind me. It was Draco.

He wore a black shirt and black denim jeans. He looked so handsome.

My Greek god.

"I will come back in an hour. Do you want anything?" He asked as he approached me.

"No, thanks." I gave him a warm smile.

"Ok." He said and placed a soft kiss on my hair. "See you later." He added, traveling his gaze from me to my mother.

"See you later." My mother said.

"See you." I smiled at him.

I turned towards my mother as Draco left. I asked about my father. She told me that he was still angry at us.

"I need to leave as well." My mother informed, giving me an apologetic look.

"Ok." I murmured.

She pulled something out of her bag and handed me some money.

"I know Paul has blocked your credit card. I tried to persuade him not to do it, but he didn't listen to me." She said, giving me an apologetic look.

"It isn't important, Mom. Thanks, but I will not accept it. We don't need anything. Draco works for Milan's father. He works hard to provide our needs." I confirmed.

"Ok, but if you accept it, I will be happy. It isn't just two of you, honey. There is this little one too." She said softly and placed her hand on my stomach. "So let me help you too. Please." She added and placed the money on the centre table. Then she grabbed her bag and stood up.

"Take care!" She said and kissed my cheek.

"Bye, Mom." I gave her a smile and hugged her.

****

Draco and I were waiting for the doctor. I was so excited as well as nervous. Today we were going to see our baby the first time.

When I looked at Draco, he was tapping his foot on the ground, biting his lower lip nervously. I smiled and held his hand. He gave me a boyish smile.

As the nurse called me, we stood up and went to the room.

After greeting the doctor, she told me to lie down. I lay down and pulled my blouse up. I bit my lower lip nervously.

The doctor put some gel on my stomach. I shivered from the cold. Draco smiled at me and held my hand. The doctor started spreading the gel with a wand.

"Everything looks normal. You are fourteen weeks pregnant...Just a minute." The doctor said, looking at the screen attentively.

"What happened? Is my baby okay?" I asked, frightened.

Draco squeezed my hand tightly as he looked at the doctor, worried.

"Yes. Don't worry. They are healthy." She replied, giving us a warm smile.

"They?" Draco asked, puzzled.

"Yes. You are having identical twins." She responded, smiling.

"What?" I asked, astonished while smiling.

I looked at Draco in surprise. Draco was staring at the doctor, frozen, his mouth agape.

"Twins?...Like David and me....Identical twins...." Draco mumbled, dumbfounded.

Suddenly, the room filled with two different heartbeats. As I heard them, the tears of joy ran down my cheeks.

"Holy shit! We are having twins. Oh my goodness! Twins!" Draco shouted happily as he finally got rid of his surprise, holding my hand between his hands tightly. I laughed at his expression.

"Look! It is one of them, and it is the other one." The doctor said, pointing to two dots.

"Draco." I looked at him, smiling as tears kept running down my cheeks.

He gave me a wide smile and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Two bundle of joys." Draco commented in amazement.

"Yes." I grinned sheepishly.

"Ok, you can get up." The doctor said and gave me some tissues.

I wiped my stomach and sat up. Draco held my hand and helped me to get up.

Once the doctor had given me the Do and Don't 's list, we left the hospital.

After the hospital, we decided to have dinner together for celebration.

The taxi driver parked the car in front of the restaurant.

"Wait for me." Draco demanded and got out of the car.

He rushed towards my side and opened the door for me. He extended his hand towards me. I smiled as I held his hand and got out of the car.

"Be careful, angel." He said and wrapped his arm around my waist.

I smiled. Since we left the hospital, Draco had acted towards me like I was a porcelain doll.

"Draco, relax. If you keep acting like this, I will need a lot of patience for the next six months." I teased him, grinning.

"Mira!" He scowled. I smiled and placed a chaste kiss on his lips.

As we walked into the penthouse, Draco wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He trailed his fingertip along my cheek, looking at me with lustful eyes.

"Let's continue our celebration." He said huskily and brushed his lips against mine, kissing me in a demanding kiss.