Chapter 11 - Staying away

Mira's POV

My eyes widened in surprise. I pulled back slightly and looked into his eyes.

"What is mine?! I am not yours." I reminded him.

What is yours?! Mister had been ignoring me all these days, now he claimed me as his. I was frustrated.

He gritted his teeth. His eyes were blazing with anger. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out with him.

"Let go of me!" I snapped, trying to release his grip around my wrist, but he tightened his grip.

He pushed my arm away as we approached his car.

"What the hell with you?!" I snapped, rubbing my wrist.

He ran his hand through his hair, closing his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked into my eyes.

In a second, he smashed his lips against mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him while kissing me in a demanding kiss.

A few seconds later, I responded to his kiss and placed my hands on his chest. He pulled my lower lip between his teeth, making me moan as his hand moved up and down my side. My legs turned into jello. I gripped his hair while his mouth possessed mine.

Suddenly, he pulled back like he got burnt. I looked at him, confused while panting. He shook his head, full of regret in his eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, puzzled.

"No. No, I can't do it to David." He shook his head. "No one could have come between us. I will not let it happen in the future as well. Even you." He gave me an apologetic look. "I love you so much." I looked at him with wide eyes, my mouth agape. "Yeah, I accept it. I have never fallen in love with anyone before you. I can not get you out of my mind. You got under my skin as soon as I saw you the first time."

The first time?

The flashbacks of our first encounter played in my mind.

"But I can not do it to him. I am sorry." He stated, full of sadness in his eyes and got in his car.

I watched his leave while tears ran down my cheeks.

****

As the engagement day was getting closer, I felt depressed. Fortunately, David was busy with his work. So, I didn't need to pretend like everything was okay.

I hadn't seen Draco since that night . He was avoiding me as before. But today, I was going to see him. David's parents invited me to their yacht today. Even thinking that I was going to see Draco again made me nervous. Even it affected my stomach. I had been vomiting since I woke up.

After getting ready, I left the mansion. David was going to pick me up.

I was watching the ocean, lost in my thoughts.

"Mira." David called me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes." I forced a smile.

"I talked to Draco. They are about to arrive." David informed me.

"They?" I asked, puzzled.

"Oh, you don't know. Draco has a girlfriend." He said, giving me a smile.

What? Girlfriend?

My heart tightened. I felt dizzy.

"It looks serious. It is the first time he introduces his girlfriend to us. I felt there was something in him. He really changed. More correctly, umm...calmed down. Now I understand why." He said softly.

I held the railing for support as my vision was getting blurry.

"And she is a good girl. I know her; we studied at the same university." He added. But I couldn't listen to him anymore, I didn't feel fine. I leaned against the railing as my head spun.

"Mira!" David exclaimed and caught me by my arm. "Are you okay?" He asked, worried.

"Umm...I need to sit." I murmured.

"Come on." He wrapped his arm around me as he helped me to walk towards the armchair. He helped me to sit and poured some water into the glass.

"Drink it." He said and extended the glass towards me. I took a sip from it.

"Are you better?" He asked, concerned. I nodded and handed him the glass.

"Yeah. I could not eat anything this morning. My stomach was sick. Because of that, my head spun." I replied.

"I will tell the crew to bring something to eat for you." He said and went inside.

After fifteen minutes, Draco walked towards us, holding a girl's hand. She had brown hair and brown eyes. She was beautiful.

After they had arrived, the captain started the yacht.

I was listening to David and Draco's girlfriend's conversation, my hands folded over my chest. They got along well. They had a lot of common interests. I couldn't hold myself and thought about David and me. We were different from each other. As much as I wanted to find at least a few common interests, I couldn't find anything.

When I looked at Draco, our eyes met. He was staring at me with a serious expression.

I looked at him without managing to hide the sadness in my eyes

"Draco?" His girlfriend, Elva called him, giving him a bright smile. "Is it okay for you?" She asked.

"Umm...What?" Draco asked, giving her a questioning look.

"How about hanging out with our guys tomorrow?" She asked.

"Umm...Sure." He mumbled, giving her a lazy smile.

"Perfect. It will be fun." She exclaimed, clapping her hands happily.

"Yes. The guys wanted to meet Mira, but I didn't have time to introduce them." David said, giving me a smile. I forced a lazy smile.

"Yes, Mr.Workaholic." Elva teased David.

"Look, who says." David gave her a teasing smile.

"Hey!" Elva pouted.

Then they started laughing. I had never seen David smiling happily like this before. I looked away as I felt nauseated. I placed my hand on my stomach, breathing slowly.

When I lifted my head, I saw Draco staring at me, concerned. I averted my gaze. As my nausea didn't decrease, I decided to wash my face. Maybe it could help me with my nausea.

As soon as I walked away from them a little, nausea flooded over me. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed into the bathroom.