Chapter 27 - The unexpected visit

Mira's POV

"What happened? Are you okay?" David asked, panicked.

His father approached us instantly, looking at me, worried.

"Mira, what happened?" Rose asked, scared.

"It hurts." I screamed in pain, squeezing David's hand tightly for support and pursed my lips together as my pain didn't pass.

"We are going to the hospital." David stated as he scooped me up in his arms quickly.

"Draco. Call him." I pleaded, crying.

"Ok. I will call him. Don't worry, Mira." Rose assured as she grabbed her phone.

Draco's POV

I was in a meeting when my phone rang. It was Rose. Mira and Rose were having lunch together. So when Rose called me instead of Mira, I got worried.

"Excuse me." I said as I stood up and left the conference room quickly.

"Rose, is Mira okay?" I asked anxiously.

"Draco, Mira feels bad. We are taking her to the hospital." Rose replied in panic.

"What?! Which hospital?" I asked anxiously as I rushed out.

She asked someone about the address. Then David grabbed the phone and told me the name of the hospital. I didn't understand what David was doing beside them. But now it wasn't important.

I waved at the taxi, stopping it as soon as I left the car gallery. I got in the taxi quickly.

Please. Please. Please, don't let anything happen to them.

As the driver stopped the taxi in front of the hospital, I paid and got out of the car. I rushed inside.

As I saw David in the hallway, I rushed towards him. I got confused as I saw my father beside David and Rose.

What the hell is he doing here?

"How is Mira?" I asked, agitated.

"The doctor is still checking her." David replied.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead. I opened them and asked.

"What happened?" I traveled my gaze from David to my father. "Did you tell her anything?" I snarled, clenching my fist. My father rolled his eyes.

"Calm down, Draco. Dad didn't tell her anything." David said, interfering. "Her father...They came across at the restaurant." David informed.

"Shit!" I snapped and slammed my fist against the wall.

"Calm down, Draco." David said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

Suddenly, the door opened and the doctor walked out. I instantly approached her.

"Is Mira fine? And the babies?" I asked, worried.

"Babies?" My father mumbled, surprised.

I ignored him, focusing on the doctor.

"They are fine. But as I have told before, there is the huge risk of premature birth. She should totally avoid stress and rest as much as possible. The next two weeks are so important. If there aren't any complications, then there will not be any danger for the babies anymore." She informed me with a serious expression.

"Ok. I will not take my eyes off her for a second and take care of them. Can I see her?" I said.

"Yes." She replied, nodding.

I rushed inside. David, Rose and my father followed me.

"Draco." She murmured as soon as she saw me, tears shimmering in her eyes.

"Angel." I approached her and kissed her lips. "You scared the shit out of me." I admitted and rubbed her stomach gently as I sat down beside her on the bed.

"I was so scared for our babies." She admitted, sobbing.

"Ok, it passed. From now, you will not leave my sight for a second. You will rest and take care of yourself and our boys nothing more. Especially, no stress anymore." I demanded. She nodded.

"Are you okay, Mira?" David asked, concerned.

"Yes, I am. Thanks." She said. Then she looked at my father shyly and bit her lower lip, averting her gaze.

****

As soon as the meeting finished, I grabbed my phone and called Mira. I was worrying about her when I was at work. Fortunately, Rose was staying with her when I wasn't home.

"Hey, angel. How are you?" I asked, concerned.

"We are fine, Draco. Please, calm down." She said softly.

"I am just worried. You know what the doctor has said." I scowled.

"Yes, I am well aware of it. But if you keep on this way, you will have a heart attack in any minute." She teased me.

"OK. OK. I am hanging up." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. "But rest. OK?" I said firmly.

"Alright, Mr. Matthews. I will rest. Besides, Rose doesn't leave my side for a second as you have instructed her. So the other way is impossible." She stated, annoyed.

"Great! Rose should be thankful that I gave her another chance after her failure." I commented.

"Draco! You know that it wasn't her fault." She commented, bored.

"Whatever!" I mumbled. "Ok, I will call you later. Take care!" I said. "And the last part is an order." I added in a bossy tone.

"Ok, Mr. Control-freak." She sighed. "Bye." She mumbled.

"Mira?"

"Yes? Another order?" She asked mockingly.

"No!" I smirked. "I love you, woman." I said, grinning.

"I love you too, My Control-freak, but devilishly handsome hubby." She admitted, amused. I chuckled.

I placed my phone into my pocket while grinning sheepishly. I went to my office.

After signing my paperwork, I grabbed my phone and sent a message to Mira. Twenty minutes had passed since our phone conversation. But now I sent it to tease her. She would get annoyed. I grinned mischievously.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened and Milan walked in, an amused smirk on his face.

"Annoying Mira?" He asked, smirking as he pointed to the phone in my hand and placed his hand into his pocket.

"Milan, I am just worried, but no one understands me." I pouted, rolling my eyes.

"I know, dude. Just kidding. How is she?" He asked and sat down on a vacant seat beside my desk.

When I was about to reply, my phone buzzed. It was Mira. I opened her message. I burst out laughing as I read her message with full of steam from the nose and angry face emojis.

Milan gave me a questioning look. I turned my phone towards him and showed him the message, grinning. Milan burst out laughing.

"Bro, I recommend you to stay here tonight." He teased me, giving me a mocking smirk. I grinned.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened. My eyes widened in surprise as I looked at my father.

"Dad?" I looked at him, puzzled.