Chapter 19: What to wear?

-Asher's POV

"Thank you!" She says smiling. She turns her head in my direction and tilts her head slightly. "Hey Asher."

"Hey Eva." I can feel my heart hammering in my chest. 

"Hey where's my hug?" Brody pouts to Eva. She snorts but walks to him and gives him a hug. He turns her and winks at me. Idiot. I just roll my eyes at him. She releases him and steps back. 

"Alright guys! Brody..." Cara says directly towards him "Let's see what you can do!" She sees with a squint. Brody laughs at her and holds out his arm gesturing for her to lead the way. She begins walking with Parker following her. 

"So where is Marcus?" Eva ask after they have begun walking away. 

"He had to visit family before school starts back so he'll be coming back tomorrow night." I say stepping towards her. "You looked incredible dancing." 

"Thank you." She says while dropping her head letting her hair falling in her face. "How was your week?"

I take another steps towards her so I am standing right in front of her. I gently brush her hair behind her ear and lift her face. "It's better now." 

I don't remove my hand that is on her neck and gently rub my thumb on her cheek. She closes her eyes to my touch and slightly leans into my palm. I decide to put my other hand on her hip where the material isn't and feel her bare skin. I pull her closer to me and put a gentle kiss to her forehead. She sighs in content. I smile with my lips still on her forehead. "It's good to see you again Eva."

"I'm glad your here Asher." 

She begins walking out of the room and I follow behind her. She takes us down to the 2nd floor and opens the door to what I believe is her bedroom. It is a white and black room with gold trims in it. She has a lift bed that is covered in white. It really does go well with her personality. 

"You can take a seat where ever. I'm just going to change." She says while walking towards her closet. 

I begin walking over to her bed and sit on the side of it. I place my elbows on my knees and rest my head in my hands. Eva walks out of her closet wearing some short black shorts and an oversize sweatshirt. She has thrown her hair up into a messy bun on top of her head. She sits down beside me and places her hand on mine. "Are you okay, you seem tense?" She ask with her eyebrows scrunched together. 

"Yea, i'm fine." I say looking at her expression that still looks questionable. I take one of my hands out and gently rub the frown out of her forehead. She giggles and shakes her head. "I wanted to apologize." 

"For what?"

"Well for Danielle and for what Parker said. I just-"

She squeezes my hand. "Asher, we all have our pasts. There's no reason to apologize." She shakes her head. "If she is still your girl-"

"She is NOT my girlfriend." I cut her off and cup her face. 

"Well no reason to apologize then." She leans into my hand. She turns her face and presses a quick kiss to my hand. She is perfect. 

"So who taught you to dance like that?" 

"No one... I started dancing when I lost my sight as a good way to release stress." She says laying back on her bed. 

"It's incredible that no one taught you that and yet you can still dance like that." I say lying down beside her and propping myself up on an elbow. "What made you stressed today." 

Her body automatically tenses causing me to regret asking. She closes her eyes and rest her hand over her forehead. "Today is the anniversary of my father's death." Fuck!

"Shit, I'm sorry Eva. I didn't-"

"It's okay Asher I know you didn't know," she says as she turns towards me. I put my arm around her and pull her more towards me embracing her in my chest. She relaxes and leans in on me. I pull her so we are both lying more on the bed and her head is lying on top of my chest again. 

"Can I ask how it happened?" I say looking down at her. She takes a deep breath slowly exhaling before answering. 

"He killed himself 3 years ago." I pull her tighter to me but she doesn't seem to break down like expected. "I miss him however I think the anguish of loosing our mother had it's toll on him." 

She doesn't say anything further and I don't push by asking her questions. We sit there content just enjoying each others company. She starts tracing patterns on my chest with her finger tips. I put my finger under her chin and lift her face up towards mine. She smiles at me causing me to smile while I lean towards her. Her lips finally connect with mine and it's gentle and sweet. It doesn't feel rush nor heated but just a simple sensual kiss. I hold the kiss for a few minutes before she releases. 

"Hey Eva, We are.. Oh my god. Sorry guys!" Cara says after swinging into Eva's room. Eva just giggles causing me to laugh as well. 

"Seriously can you two keep your hands off of each other?" Brody says walking into Eva's room. 

"Nope." Eva says popping the P. I grin at her while Parker just chuckles. 

"Well were here to pick out your outfit for tomorrow so I need you two to separate long enough for me to change you." Brody says dragging Eva by her arm away from me. 

I smile watching Eva's pleading look at me for help. Parker walks over and sets in the chair beside me while Cara walks into the closet behind Brody & Eva. 

"So you guys seem to be doing fine." Parker says grinning. 

"Shut up Parker." I say sitting up on Eva's bed. My stupid smile still intact.

"I think it's good man. You look happy." He says genuinely smiling at me. 

I nod at him and continue smiling. "I am." 

"So what are you going to do about the other guys?" I raise my eyebrow at his question.

"What guys?" 

"You know how many guys from school are going to be all over her man?" He says shaking his head. Fuck, he's right. I tighten my fist at the idea of someone else coming near her. 

"They won't get fucking near her." I say locking my jaw.

"Don't worry man, will be there with you. I just wanted to make sure you thought about it before we show up tomorrow." He says patting my shoulder. 

I don't want to even think about it. All those fuckers from school will look at her like she is a piece of meat or a new challenge. She definitely won't be able to see them looking. Hell, she had countless eyes on her in the club. She either didn't notice it or chose to ignore it. My blood is boiling just thinking about it. 

"Hey guys we found it!" Cara says jumping out of Eva's closet. I look at her but don't see Eva coming out. "Hey!" She says at me. "You don't get to see it til tomorrow night."

Why do I have a bad feeling about this bonfire?