Chapter 5 - Connor

Connor got out of Hank's car and walked up to him.
Hank was sitting on top of a bench drinking some alcohol and looking at the lake.
"Nice view huh?" Hank said. "I used to come here a lot before..."
Hank drank some more alcohol from the bottle.
Connor looked at him.
"It's late" Connor said. "Maybe you should go home".
"I'm not tired" Hank said looking up "Guess neither are you".
Connor walked in front of Hank looking at the lake.
"We are not making any progress on this investigation" Connor said.
"The deviants have nothing in common" Connor explained while crossing his arms. "They're are different models, produced in different times in different places" Connor looked back at Hank.
"Well there must be some link" Hank said.
Connor looks back at the lake.
"What they have in common is this obsession wit RA9" Connor told Hank. "It's almost like some kind of myth something they invented what was not part of there original program"
Connor looked at Hank.
" Androids believing in God" is all Hank said. "What's this world coming to?" Hank said drinking more alcohol.
"You seem preoccupied lieutenant" Connor said. "Is it something to do back at the Eden club?" Connor asked.
Hank looked up. "Those two girls...they just wanted to be together...they really seemed...in love"
"You seem troubled lieutenant...I didn't think machines would have such an effect on you" Connor ironically said.
Hank looked up.
"What about you connor?" Hank asked.
Hank put down his bottle and got up.
"You look human...you sound human...but what are you really?" Hank asked.
"I'm whatever you want me to be lieutenant...your partner...your buddy to drink with...or just a machine...designed to accomplish a task" Connor replied.
"You could've shot those two girls...but you didn't" Hank said pushing connor back slightly "why didn't you shoot connor?"
"Hm some scruples suddenly enter into your program?" Hank said.
"No" Connor replied "I just decided not to shoot...that's all"
Hank pulled his gun out and aimed it at connor.
"But are you afraid to die connor?" Hank asked.
"I would certainly find it regrettable to be...interrupted...before I can finish this investigation" Connor replied to Hank.
"What will happen if I pull this trigger?" Hank asked "hm...nothing...oblivion...android heaven?"
"I doubt there's a heaven for androids" Connor ironically said.
"Having existential droughts connor...sure your not going deviant too?" Hank asked connor.
"I self test regularly" Connor replied  "I know what I am and what I am not"
Hank put his gun away and walked back to the bench and picked up his bottle.
"Where are you going?" Connor asked.
"To get drunker" Hank replied "I need to think"
Hank then walked away.
Connor walked back to the fence where the lake is.
He was left with his thoughts of the investigation.
He leaned on the fence.
There was suddenly a powerful gust of wind.
He looked to his right where it was coming from.
His blue LED light glowed yellow because he was frustrated.
Out of no where a bright glowing beam appeared in front of the bench.
Connor had no idea what it was so he pulled out his gun and aimed it at the light.
Connor was then swept of his feet towards the light.
He shot 2 bullets at it but it did nothing.
Connor grabbed onto the fence only to be yanked off.
"Detroit police stop what your doing!" Connor yelled but it kept dragging connor closer.
Connor couldn't do anything so he gave up.
Connor was then pulled through into the beam.