Chapter 47: Comeback

Comenzar desde el principio

The werewolves would all despair. I was like a human sister to them, and they were werewolf sisters to me. They would miss me.

Yellow would cry and cry. She had said it so many times. I was the other daughter she never had. She loved me like she loved Peridot, which is why she loved us together.

Dad would be so upset from losing the only family he had. He would miss me so much more than Yellow. After all, I was his daughter. His daughter whom he loved so much. He experienced everything in my crazy, upside down life with me.

Topaz would blame it on herself. She would believe that just because her siblings killed me that she had some part in my death, and she would try to find some way to make it up to the rest of them. Some impossible way which she wouldn't need to try to find because it wasn't her fault.

Peridot would be the worst of all of them. She would be torn to pieces when she heard the news. She probably wouldn't be able to live with herself anymore. Just like Topaz, she would blame herself for it. For not being there when she still only had not a clue about where I was or what was happening to me. She would only make her anger and sadness bubble up until she ended up doing the unthinkable. I hated thinking about that.

Turquoise would grow up without her mother.

That sent me over the edge.

Tears poured from my eyes, and sobs emerged from my throat, hurting it more and more with every gasp for air. None of the vampires had any sympathy. Fire Opal only caressed my cheek and purred, which only made me even more upset. I couldn't let this happen, but I also couldn't get out.

"Don't worry," Fire Opal purred in an agitating tone. "We're gonna make this nice and quick for you. You won't feel a thing."

That didn't stop me. I saw Fire Opal look at the others and fake a frown. Serpentine, on the other hand, was clearly becoming annoyed with the delay.

"What's wrong?" Fire Opal asked in the most fake sympathetic tone I had ever heard.

"...I-I can't..." I whispered. "Y-you can't...p-please..."

"Sorry, sweetie," Fire Opal responded. "There's no escaping now." She leaned in toward my neck. "This is your fate, and nothing is going to stop that fate from coming."

"I have a daughter!" I shouted. "...I have a daughter, and she's only a baby! She needs me! You can't do this!"

"And you act like that's going to stop us," Fire Opal replied. "Brutally honest here. We don't care about your daughter. She is of no interest to us. What we want is you. We want your blood, and we've worked so hard just to get you where you're standing now." She chuckled. "I was expecting it to be a little more of a challenge. I have to say, I overestimated you."

I growled.

"It would have been more of a challenge if you didn't have me," Serpentine said. "I'm the only one here who can imitate anyone perfectly. Luckily, I have experience with Peridot." She growled at the vampires. "And I'm tired of waiting here. I'm starting to think about just taking the girl and leaving."

"We wouldn't let you do that," Moonstone responded in a much too monotonous and calm tone. "The girl is ours."

"Where's the receipt?" Serpentine snarled.

Suddenly, Jade and Serpentine were growling at each other angrily. A retort like that was not going over well, it seemed.

"Quiet!" Fire Opal shouted. "We've made the deal with her, and she's right. Eventually, we do have to get this started, as exciting as it is. You get her hand, and the rest of us get the rest of her."