{21} Feelings

Hello again! Spring break is coming up so soon where I live! Are you guys going anywhere for break or not? My dad and brother are planning on going to San Juan, Puerto Rico!

"No no no no," Thomas mumbled.
His hands danced over the controller, his thumbs pushing joysticks, and his pointer fingers pressing buttons.
"I'm almost..."
"Dammit!" He yelled.
"Yes!!" I exclaimed and jumped up from the couch.
We were at my house playing on our Wii U. Thomas said that he was better at Wii U games because him and his friends played when he was younger.
But little did he know, I've been playing games like this for years. Nonstop.
"Admit it! I am better than you at Mario Kart! Ha!" I exclaimed.
Thomas tossed the controller onto the couch in frustration.
"I was a second behind you! Freaking banana," Thomas said.
I did a little victory dance in front of the TV, which led to Thomas getting mad.
He shot up from the couch and grabbed me around the waist.
"Tom!" I shrieked.
He wrestled me to the floor and pinned me on the ground, his right arm keeping my head down, and his left arm holding both of my arms so I can't hurt him and his body weight was keeping me from moving. 
"Now," He said.
"I'll let you go. But you have to say that I'm better at Mario Kart."
"But your not," I replied, my voice muffled.
He pushed down harder on my head, which actually kind of hurt.
"Okay, okay, fine! You're better at Mario Kart than me," I admitted.
The force he was exerting on me loosened up and he let my arms and head go, but I was still trapped.
He was just about to get up when I flipped around and landed on top of him his back hitting the floor. I put my forearm under his chin and my knee on his chest.
I smirked at him.
"Look at that. I'm better than you at Mario Kart and wrestling you. Never challenge me again."
"Yes, ma'am," Thomas said.
I got off him and and straightened out my shirt.
Thomas was still laying on the floor.
"I didn't paralyze you. Get up," I demanded.
"Nah, I'm good just chilling here."
"You're so weird," I laughed.
I went over to him and sat down on the floor, criss cross.
All of the lights were off in the house, except for the glow of the big TV. The red and yellow and blue colors from the Mario Kart main menu flashed and illuminated Thomas' face different colors.
"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He sat up.
"Sure. What's up?" He asked.
"Do...do you notice anything with us?" I asked.
"What do you mean?"
I sighed. I knew this was a bad topic to talk about at 11:00 at night.
"I mean, what are we? We've never discussed it before. We're just in each other's lives. Whether we like it or not. But, I can't help but think about if we were ever going to be something..bigger, or something."
I was full on panicking now. I didn't know how to put it. But me and Tom have had some "electricity" going on lately and I need answers.
"You mean like a boyfriend and girlfriend thing?" He asked.
"I just want answers. What do you feel between us? I won't be hurt or offended," I promised.
"In all honesty, Teresa, we are friends. Good friends. REALLY good friends. I wouldn't trade our friendship for the world."
I looked away for a second. What Thomas said, wasn't bad. It was the truth.
"But," he continued.
I looked back at him.
"Something happened the other day when you called me to tell me that we were going to Hawaii."
"What happened?" I asked.
Thomas looked down at his hands, which were folded in his lap.
"I..I don't know. But I've realized that maybe you are worth more than just a best friend. Teresa, you deserve the world. And I am always thinking about what would happen to us later on."
He looked at me.
I thought I saw tears in his eyes, but it's unlikely for Thomas to cry. Especially in front of a girl, even if I was his best friend.
"There's just so many things going on right now in my life. Some of them, are amazing, like going to Hawaii with you.
I can't...I can't risk losing someone like you."
"Tom..."
"-I mean it. You're all I have, okay? You're the one who has the best grades, the coolest friends, all of the attention. And what do I have? I have nothing."
"So I'm nothing to you?" I ask, feeling a bit hurt.
"That's not what I meant."
"It's what you said."
"Teresa, I'm just...I don't know what's going on right now!"
"What do you mean you don't know what's going on?"
I felt a slight pain in my heart knowing where this conversation was heading. He didn't feel the same way as I did. All of the pain from the past year and the time he lost his dad has caught up to him.
Thomas sighed and looked at the TV.
"Do you like me?"
Why would he ask that to my face? That was the most random question, and yet I wasn't ready to answer it quite yet.
"Why are you asking me this? You know I like you," I replied.
"As friends, sure. But what about a crush? Teresa, I need to know. I need to know what's going on. I don't want to hurt you!" Thomas exclaimed.
I stayed silent and put my hands on my forehead.
"Answer the question," Thomas ordered.
I still stayed silent, but tears were forming in my eyes. I hated this. I never should have brought this up. All I wanted to do was know if he had feelings for me. It backfired way too hard.
"Teresa!"
I kept my head in my hands.
"Look at me!"
He moved my hands away from my face.
"YES!" I screamed and grabbed a pillow on the floor and threw it at him.
"Yes! I like you, okay?! Why is that so important to you! Why do you want to know it so bad! I like you, okay?!"
Tears kept steaming down my face and I didn't know why this hurt so much. I stood up and was about to walk up to my room but Thomas got up and held onto my arm.
"Teresa, I told you I didn't want to hurt you!" He said.
"I hate you!" I yelled.
"I hate you so much! All I wanted was a yes or no answer, but you got me involved in your stupid life problems that I could care less about! You want me to feel bad for you! Well I don't!"
I legit started sobbing now, putting my hands up to wipe the tears.
"I don't feel bad for you. I'm sorry!"
I turned around to walk back up the stairs but Thomas stopped me again.
"You want the truth?"
Thomas also had tears in his eyes. That surprised me.
"YES I want the truth! That's all I've ever wanted!" I yelled.
"I can't feel feelings in front of you! I can't express my emotions and show you weakness, because I'm the strong one, right? I have to be the strong, manly person in your life and I always feel that I can't tell you the feelings I have because of this! But you know what? I like you too, Teresa. But I'm not allowed to admit it, right?"
Thomas' tone softened.
I didn't know what to say to that. Thomas has had feelings for me all along but he was too afraid to admit it.
I didn't know why he felt this way. I thought we told each other everything. I guess not.
All of the emotions from tonight caught up to me and I just broke down sobbing.
"Come here," he whispered, offering his arms to me.
I put my hands up I my face and walked into his embrace.
He held me as we both felt each other's pain.

*************************