{14} Fights

I hope you all have a good day! I have nothing to say in this a/n
except that I'm soooo sorry that the letter didn't show up in my other book. I'll try to make up for it next chapter! XD

A few hours later, and I went to bed. I didn't eat dinner or leave my room. Crying didn't solve anything, but it made me feel better. Just letting all of my emotions out. It was so unlikely for a 15 year old to be crying like this. It was 6:45 and I went to the bathroom and wiped off all of my eyeshadow and mascara. Then I went to bed, and didn't wake up until 5:50. I still had to go to school.

"Are you okay?" Sonya asked me, as we walked to Biology.
"I'm okay," I lied.
"Is it about Thomas?" She asked.
How did she know?
"Yeah. We've kind of stopped seeing each other like we used to. It's like we're not friends anymore."
"But you guys were so close. Literally the best of friends. At one point, weren't you brother and sister?" She asked.
"Yeah. Half brother," I replied.
"I'm sure he's just going through hard times with his dad. By the way, did he get arrested?" Sonya asked.
"Sonya, he got arrested last year," I laughed.
"He got charged for child abuse and neglect."
"That's good, right?" She asked.
"I mean, Thomas still believes that his father loves him, because he is his father. But I mean, he threw a knife at him, almost shot him and drove his mother away! Why would Thomas still love him?"
"I don't know. But it's sad you guys kind of broke apart," Sonya explained.
We walked up to our biology class and walked inside.
"I know it is," I said, hoping she didn't hear me.

Once the bell rang to dismiss the whole school declaring that the day was over, I went to my locker and found Thomas walking down the hallway. He was wearing his black and green football jersey that said 'Murphy' on the back. He was walking with Cody, the most popular guy in our grade. He had blonde hair, green eyes and was obviously very handsome. He was and all star athlete, honor student, but not such a friendly guy, but you know how some popular guys are.
"Thomas!" I called to him as I shut my locker.
I walked up to him and Cody.
"I'm sorry, what?" He asked.
"I was wondering if you wanted to study after school for Pre Calc."
"Who are you?" Cody asked me.
"Non of your business," I snapped at him.
I looked at Thomas again.
"Do you want to?"
Thomas looked at Cody, then at me.
"I'm actually very busy tonight. I have football practice at 4:00, and piano lessons at 7:30."
Thomas smiled at the last part.
"You don't have piano less-"
"Bye, Teresa," he laughed and walked off with Cody laughing too.
Anger boiled inside of me. I clenched my fists and turned around.
I stormed to catch up with them. Once Thomas was right in front of my, I hit him in the back.
"What's wrong with you?" I asked.
"You've been avoiding me lately and you keep saying that you're 'busy!'" I put air quotes on the last word.
"Can we talk?" I asked.
Thomas looked at me with narrow eyes.
"Teresa, go home," he said.
"Tom, no! You were my brother a year ago, why the second you move out, you act like I'm not even here!"
Cody laughed.
"Wait, what? You were the brother of this shrimp?" He laughed.
My emotion switched from anger to sadness.
"What did you just call her?" Thomas asked, facing him.
"C'mon! She's the shrimp of our grade. Can't defend herself, short, small, a bit of a nerd."
"That's not true!" I exclaimed. "Did you not see me handle the situation with Jonathan and I? I can defend myself."
"You were really her brother?" Cody laughed.
"Hey! You catch on quick for a guy!" I said.
"Okay, you little-" Cody moved closer to me.
"Cody, stop," Thomas said, putting a hand on his chest.
"I will not be bossed around by the shrimp!" He replied.
"Stop calling me that!" I yelled.
"Cody, just go to the field. I'll meet you there in a few minutes. Just let me talk with Teresa," Thomas told him.
"Are you defending her? Your sister?" He taunted.
"We're not related anymore," Thomas said.
"It was only for a little bit."
"You know I was wondering how you comb your hair so the horns don't show," I snapped at Cody.
"I can tell that you want me," he said back.
"Yeah, I want you to leave." I tried again.
"Guys, stop," Thomas said.
"Tell your sister that she has to leave."
"Cody!" Thomas yelled.
"Go to the field!"
"Why are you yelling at me?" Cody asked, getting mad.
"Leave her alone."
"You can't tell me what to do," Thomas said back calmly.
Cody raised his fist and punched Thomas across the face.
"Tom!" I yelled and ran forward. Thomas didn't get knocked down, but he was bent over, holding his lip. It was bleeding.
"Tom-"
"Go home, Teresa. I've got this."
Thomas leaned back up, only to get punched in the face again. Thomas punched back, and made a direct hit to Cody's nose.
It didn't break, unfortunately, but Thomas kept punching. Cody's face was beaten very badly, but he managed to sweep Thomas' legs, which caused him to fall on the floor with a thud.
"Cody, stop! You're hurting him!" I yelled. I ran forward and pushed him, but he used a greater force and shoved me to the ground.
I groaned and held my shoulder. It hurt from the impact.
Thomas noticed me laying on the ground, holding my shoulder.
This sort of caused him to get some motivation and quickly stood up and punched Cody's stomach, then his face. Blood was dripping down his temples but he kept fighting.
Thomas ended up with four more punches to the face.
I got up and tried to pull him out of the fight before he lost consciousness.
"Teresa, I'm almost done!" He yelled at me and punched Cody again.
Cody punched back and that's when Thomas fell to the floor, his eyes closed.
"Thomas!" I yelled.
Cody held his face with one hand and smirked at me. He grabbed his backpack and walked down the hallway.
"Tom!" I said again and he opened his eyes.
"Teresa?" He moaned.
"What did I tell you about getting into fights?"
"I shouldn't get into them," he said back and I smiled.
Blood covered his face and a black eye was already forming.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I'm fine. Just hurt my shoulder a little bit. Are you okay?"
Thomas nodded and I helped him sit up.
"I'm sorry I was avoiding you. I just caught up with football, baseball, and studying."
"That's not an excuse Tom," I told him.
"I was really worried about you."
"I'm sorry," he said.
"Cody has probably gotten in my head and I've been mean to you. I hate myself for that."
"Don't say that. Come on, you're not going to football practice. We're going home, cleaning you up, and you're going to promise me you will never talk to Cody again," I told him.
He smiled.
"I promise."
I helped him up and we hugged each other for about 5 seconds.
"Do you want to study for Pre Calc?" He smiled.
"Yes, I would."

******************