{7} "How Did I End Up With A Son Like You?"

Danggggg! That last chapter was so long XD. Did you guys know 7 is my lucky number! Lucky chapter! Enjoy! <3

Thomas and I sat on the beach talking about the little things. School was mostly what we talked about. We were both in 6th grade, which was the first year of Middle School. It was the beginning of the year, but homework was piling up.
"It's insane how much homework we have now. I mean, I have 1 sheet of homework in every subject," Thomas said.
"I know! I wonder if we can start a rebellion," I replied.
"About what?"
"Think if no one did their homework. The teachers would flip and we wouldn't have homework anymore."
"Yeahhhh, that's not going to work," Thomas stated.
I sighed and looked out at the lake. The sun was just above the tree line, so the light shone through the trees.
"Maybe we could-"
Thomas started saying something but he was cut off by a loud voice thundering through the neighborhood.
"THOMAS MURPHY!"
Our heads snapped to the direction of the noise.
Oh no.
"Tom, get up," I told him, and grabbed his arm. He stood up, not taking his eyes off our visitor.
Mr. Murphy.
He looked like he was going to explode. He clenched his fists, and was standing in the middle of the road.
"GET OVER HERE NOW!" He yelled.
Thomas looked at me.
I shook my head.
"He's gonna kill me if I don't," Thomas replied.
"Yeah, and he's gonna kill you if you do," I replied.
Thomas looked back at his dad. He started walking.
"Tom, no!" I whisper-yelled.
He didn't look back.
I didn't want to go over there, but I was worried for his safety. His dad could literally do anything.
"Where were you the past few days!" He yelled.
I cringed at Mr. Murphy's voice. It sounded like he was sick. I felt weird standing on the beach, while they were standing in the road. I eavesdropped.
"I was at Teresa's house," he whispered.
Mr. Murphy looked at me.
I felt like I wanted to hide. But also I wanted to fight. Mr. Murphy is an abuser. We're only 12 years old.
"Teresa," Mr. Murphy said.
I walked forward, never feeling more scared in my life.
I stopped about a foot behind Thomas.
I tried to smile.
"H-hi, Mr-"
"Why were you keeping my son with you?" He interrupted.
"He came to my house when Mrs. Murphy left. Then he stayed with me that night. And the next night," I explained.
Mr. Murphy looked at Thomas.
"Why did you run away?" He asked him.
I stepped up beside him and looked at him. He had fear in his eyes. But then it all suddenly turned to anger.
"I ran away because I was scared!" He yelled.
I've never seen Tom so angry.
His eyes were lit with fire and his fists were clenched.
"I was scared of you!"
Thomas looked like he was about to cry, but the anger on his face still showed.
I watched them carefully, not knowing what to do.
"I've never been disrespected like this. I wonder how I was so unlucky to have a child like you," Mr. Murphy said.
I opened my mouth.
"Mr. Murphy, you don't mean that!" I said.
"I've never meant anything more," he said.
I looked at Thomas and he had one tear making its way down his cheek.
But again, he was still angry.
"How did I end up with a son like you?" He spat.
"Crying over a little betrayal. Please!"
"Mr. Murphy, can you please go home now?" I asked politely.
"You listen to me, little girl," he said and grabbed the top of my bathing suit and pulled my closer to him.
"You stay away from my son," he whispered.
He let go of me, but the force was so strong, and I was so little, I fell down on the pavement.
"Thomas, come on," he said.
Thomas tried to help me up, but Mr. Murphy grabbed his arm and yanked him away from me.
"Teresa!" He screamed.
I ran up to them and pulled Thomas away from him.
"He doesn't deserve a father like you!" I yelled.
Then he pulled something out of his pocket, and I froze.
I've never seen one in real life before.
I thought they only showed up in movies.
It was a small hand gun.
I put my hands up.
"Dad! Stop it!" Thomas yelled.
Then Mr. Murphy pointed the gun to Thomas.
"You don't tell me what to do," he whispered.
"I DO!"

POW!

**************