{5} The Lake

I'm soooooo excited to write this chapter!!! EnJoYyYyYyYyYyYy!! <3
⬆️⬆️⬆️Teresa slayyyy

The next morning, Sunday, I woke up at 7:45. Again, that's late for me. I stayed in bed for another 30 minutes, buried in my covers. The sun spilled through my curtains, making my room really bright, but calming. I yawned and sat up. I wanted to check on Thomas, but he might still be sleeping. I walked over at sat on my window seat. There were dark blue and teal pillows crowded around it, and a blanket neatly folded into a triangle on the side. I looked out of the window at the lake. It honestly, was the prettiest thing ever. There were a few trees in my backyard, that the sun shone through, but by the lake was a thin line of sand. I loved the lake. I would go there after a long day at school, or if I'm stressed and it would make me feel better. Thomas hasn't been by the lake much.
He's sort of afraid of it. I laugh to myself at the thought.
He's so weird.
But him and I have that sort of "brother sister bond" that most friends don't. But now, things are different.
He's going to be my actual brother.
I run my hand along my blanket and think about going to the lake today with him. If he's going to be my brother, then he needs to learn to love the lake.

I get dressed in a dark blue t-shirt, white jeans and black converse.
I walk to Thomas' door, and quietly peek in. I smile.
He's asleep.
I'm glad he's finally made himself at home. It kills me to know that his father is abusive. I just pray that Mrs. Murphy will come back. Thomas seems like he really misses her.
I close the door and head downstairs, running my hand along the railing.
My dad is reading the newspaper at the table, with his breakfast untouched. It was his favorite: oatmeal.
"Morning, dad," I said.
"Good morning, Ter," he said and kissed my cheek.
"What's wrong with breakfast?" I asked.
"Well your mother here," he said putting down the newspaper.
"Forgot milk and had to make my oatmeal with water."
My dad shuddered.
I chuckled. "There's like, no difference," I said.
My mom was making my lunch in the kitchen and she glared at my dad.
"Maybe next time, you can go grocery shopping!"
My dad put his newspaper back up to his face.
I laughed at the two of them.
"Good morning," said a voice from the entrance of the kitchen.
It was Thomas.
"Good morning, Thomas," my mom said and came over to hug him.
I sat down in a chair by the table.
My mom pulled away and put her hands on the side of his face.
"Are you okay today?" She whispered. Thomas smiled and nodded. "Okay," my mom said.
"Are you hungry?"
Thomas shook his head.
"No thank you," he said.
"Thomas, you need to eat something. How about a slice of toast? I'll put some butter and cinnamon sugar on it."
Thomas smiled.
"Okay, that sounds good."
My mom kissed his hair and went to work.
Thomas sat across from me, and he looked a bit better today.
"Today," I said.
"I'm taking you down to the lake. I'll teach you to love it!"
Thomas laughed.
"Yeah, if you can get me in the water!" He said.
I smirked.
"Oh I'll get you in."

**************