Chapter six- Boot Camp Part II

Start from the beginning

“How long do you have till we have to get to the studio,” He asked with a smile.

“About two and half hours,” Amee replied.

“Okay so how about we eat lunch then we watch a movie until it’s time to go,” Richie proposed as her phone started to ring she looked at the caller ID and smiled. “Olly,” she screamed onto the phone.  Finally she had something to do. ‘How in the world did I forget to call him last night,’ she thought.

“Bloody nose, what happened?” Olly asked his voice seeping with concern.

“Oh, ha, ha, about that,” Amee started with a nervous laugh, she completely forgot about calling Olly to take her home.

“Yeah, ha ha, please explain to me what’s going on and what happened,” Olly said with his voice dripping with sarcasm and no amusement what so ever.

“Well I kind of tripped over my left foot during dance camp,” Amee said.

“Are you serious? Amee you have to be more careful, do you still need me to send you a ticket to come home? We can do that,” Olly said.

“No, I can do this, I am a klutz the world knows this,” Amee said trying to convince her brother that she was fine.

“You promised me that you would stay safe, that is the only reason I agreed to cover for you,” Olly said reminding Amee of that conversation, which was directly after the first time she auditioned.

“Olly, I am safe, it was just an accident, it’s not like I haven’t done this before. Besides if I did come home, what exactly would we tell dad?” Amee asked.

“I don’t know, I didn’t get that far,” Olly stated.

“The director of pediatrics at Chicago Memorial Hospital doesn’t have a plan; well this is a first,” Amee said with a laugh.

“I am not joking Amee,” Olly said seriously.

“Oyster, chill, I will be fine, it was just one accident and I want to stay and continue,” Amee pleaded hoping the nickname would work.

“No, Amee you are coming home this weekend,” Olly said sternly.

“Olly, no, I am not coming home till I see this thing through,” Amee said stubbornly.

“Oh really, and why not,” Olly asked.

“I want to be a singer even more than I want to be a pediatrician.  Music is everything to me.  I know this is going to sound cliché, but when I sing I am transported to a new world.  The world of that particular song, I imagine myself as the main character in the video, and for that moment, I am not some frizzy haired freak.  It’s my dream and I can almost taste my dream, you can’t take it away, you just can’t,” Amee said convincingly.

Richie clapped at what Amee said and gave her a look that said, ‘You best believe it.’

“Well there is the sister I’ve been looking for since she left Chicago,” Olly said with a laugh.

“I’m sorry what,” Amee asked clearly confused.

“Well ever since this thing started, all you’ve wanted to do was quit,” Olly started, Amee was about to protest but stopped herself.

“Oh my classes come in between, oh I made a fool of myself, oh I fell flat on my face, excuse after excuse after excuse. I for one am sick of it, you have such a large support system.  Everyone is telling you that you could do it. Stop doubting yourself and get out there,” Olly said to her.

“Thank you Olly, I really needed that,” Amee said with a smile.

“I love you Yummy,” Olly said with a smile.