Chapter 3 - Decisions, Decisions

Amee got a call the Monday following her x-factor audition.  Amee was in class when she got a call from an unknown number so she let it go to voicemail and decided that if it was important enough, the person would leave a voicemail.  Sure enough after class she checked her phone and there was a voicemail waiting for her.  Who could it be other than the one and only Niall Horan and the rest of One Direction! She couldn’t believe her ears when she first heard the voicemail.

“Hello Amee, this is Niall Horan, you know the Irish dude from One Direction,” he said with a laugh and continued, “I hope you don’t find this totally weird but I made the boys watch your audition and they are absolutely in love with your voice.” At this point Amee was full on hyperventilating.  “We all wanted to wish you luck at boot camp and we also wanted to let you know that we are rooting for you. Have a nice day, bye!” Niall said as he hung up the phone.  Amee couldn’t believe it.  This could not be real.  She ran to the McDonalds down the street where Reyna and her decided to meet for lunch for the day.  As soon as she saw Reyna, she lost it, she was squealing and jumping up and down.  Reyna forced her to stop and asked her to explain.  As soon as she told Reyna the story, Reyna joined Amee in a happy dance. 

“I am so happy for you babe” Reyna said to Amee with a smile plastered on her face.  In her head Reyna was shaking her head and saying 'No, he can't have called you, you fan girl'd in front of him this can't be happening.'  

“I take it you got my message,” a voice said from behind them.  They both turned around and couldn’t believe their eyes, for in front of them stood the man of the hour Niall Horan.  Both of the girls froze and looked at him.  He walked up close to Amee, touched her cheek and said, “I can’t get you or your voice out of my head.”  Then without a second in between he bent down and kissed her straight on the lips.  Reyna stood there shocked, as Amee kissed back, suddenly the scene changed and she was walking down the aisle in a blue dress with bridesmaid flowers in hand and she looked at the alter and saw Niall, behind her was Amee in a wedding gown.  This couldn’t be happening. If it wasn’t bad enough that the man of her dreams was marrying that stupid girl, she could hear the ringing of an alarm and she didn’t understand what it was.

“Reyna!” Amee called waking Reyna from her slumber.  “Wake up, we are gonna be late for class!” Amee said as she grabbed a toothbrush and bath stuff and ran off to the dorm showers.

Reyna looked around the room and thought to herself , ‘it was just a dream, just a dream’.  Well whatever she did, she was determined to never make that dream into a reality.

Later that day, Amee got an email from the X-factor boot camp organization team stating the days and times of the different camps that they would have to go through to get to the judges houses which would be announced at the end of boot camp. It read:

Hello Soloists,

I would first like to offer my congratulations on making it this far.  You all are truly talented if not you wouldn’t have made it to this stage.  I hope this email finds you well.  The dates and times for the different boot camps are listed below along with the date and time for the boot camp challenege.

            September 13th – Dance Camp – 10am – 3pm

            September 14th – Singing Camp – 3pm – 7:30pm

            September 22nd – Boot Camp Challenge – 5pm – 9pm

There is a strict check in time of 9am for the dance camp and 2pm for the singing camp.  If you are late, you cannot participate in boot camp for that day.  The dance camp will be conducted with trained choreographer; the singing camp will be with trained vocal trainers.  Utilize this time as these are the people who will help you with the boot camp challenge.