Chapter One - Never Give Up

Pure Perfection

Chapter One

Here it comes, she thought as she heard the crowd behind the curtains.  The dark curtains long and tall like the doors of hell or that’s what it felt like as she looked at them, so daunting.  Suddenly she was nudged forward by her friend.  “Amee, go it’s your turn,” Amee’s friend encouraged from behind.  “Alright here goes nothing,” she thought as she moved through the curtains.  She looked at the four judges in front of her.  The usual, Simon, Cheryl, Louis, and then her heart stopped when she saw the man she was in love with, sitting with the panel.  The blond hair, blue-green eyes, skin as fair as snow and an aura as calming as a passing cloud, belonged to none other than Niall Horan.  Her Irish dream boy.  How could she possibly sing now? The love of her life was sitting before her.  Half her mind screamed, ‘run back Amee, run like the wind!’ the other half screamed, ‘No, stay, this is your chance to impress him.’  “Hello there, what’s your name?” said a smiling Simon.  ‘Where is my voice?’ thought Amee frantically, ‘What is AIR?’ she asked to herself.  “A-A-Amee” she managed to stutter out.  “Well A-A-Amee, how are you?” Niall asked.  “Oh. My. God, NIALL HORAN is sitting in front of me,” she said out loud, her big brown eyes growing wider by the moment.  Niall and the rest of the judges laughed as Amee stood there shaking thinking to herself, ‘did I just say that out loud?’“ Please, don’t be nervous,”  urged Niall with a reassuring smile, “I won’t bite or boo you off stage don’t worry.”  “Where are you from Amee,” asked Cheryl.  “I am from Chicago, I recently moved here for university,” She responded,  shocked that her voice would even come out.  “How old are you dear?” asked Louis. “I recently turned Eighteen,” she responded once again in awe that her voice even came out, at least she wasn’t stuttering anymore.  “What would you like to sing?” asked Niall eagerly.  “Big Girls Don’t Cry, by Fergie” Amee said.  “Okay, all the best love,” Simon said as the track started.  As the music started Amee got nervous.  Suddenly none of the words were in her head.  ‘Dear god, please don’t let me choke now, not now!’ She looked at the judges and just ran off stage. 

 “Amee, what happened?” Reyna asked.  “Go back and sing,” She ordered. Amee just shook her head and ran.  She ran so fast that she forgot that the microphone was still in her hand.  She ran away from the long line full of hopefuls. ‘Of all the people why did it have to be Niall?’ she thought to herself as tears fell from her eyes.  Her eyes were so full of tears that she didn’t know where she was running, she just ran as far as her long legs could take her, as soon as she was out of the x-factor gates she tripped and fell on the gravel.  “Hey you, with the brown hair,” she heard a loud deep voice.  She turned around to see a burly security guard running towards her.  ‘What, is it illegal to run out of an audition without singing in this country?’  “Where do you think you were going with that microphone?” he growled.  The man was scary.  He towered at about 6’10, and was charging at her like a warrior ready for battle.  The word Security was written across his shirt in huge letters.  “Sorry,” Amee mumbled as she handed the microphone back.  The man snatched it back and mumbled something about stupid Yankees thinking they own the world as he walked away.  Amee was looking over herself at the damages.  She had ripped her brand new guess jeans and was looking at a bleeding knee and one scraped palm. She was pretty sure she bruised her butt, but she wasn’t too sure.  “Oh dear, you hurt yourself pretty badly there didn’t you?” asked a friendly voice.  Amee looked up to see none other than the love of her life.  How many hours she had spent imagining this moment, she couldn’t recollect.  She did think of one thing though, this is not how it was supposed to be.  She wished that those dark curtains of hell would just pick her up and swallow her.  No they were too far away, how could that happen?  His eyes glistened in the sunlight of the crisp autumn day.  ‘How can someone’s eyes be blue and green at the same time?’ she thought to herself as she looked up at a face that was pure perfection.  Niall stretched his arm out to help her off the ground.  Once he helped her up he called for a member of security over.  ‘Oh god is he calling them to kick me out?’ she thought to herself.  ‘Of course he is, he hates when people fan girl in front of him, and that’s what I did. Oh god please let there be a way to redeem myself!’  As the security guard approached, Amee’s eyes grew as wide as they did when she was on stage, and many horrible thoughts were running through her mind.  “You have really big beautiful eyes, has anyone told you that?” Niall asked breaking her concentration. ’What did he just say?’ thought to herself.  If he could see the redness of her cheeks against her tan skin, then Amee would have blushed even harder.  She couldn’t believe her ears, THE Niall Horan had just complimented her.  ‘My life is now complete, I can die with a smile on my face’ she thought as the security approached.  “Did you need something, sir?” He asked while glancing at Amee.  “My friend here needs some tending to, could you take care of that?” Niall asked.  ‘Friend, did he just say friend?’ Amee said to herself ‘ Correction, my life is NOW complete.’  She thought gleefully. “Amee, Amee,”  She heard calling in the distance.  ‘Oh Reyna, how could I forget about Reyna?’  “Over here Reyna” She said as she waved her arm in the air.  “Will you be alright, if I go back? They need me back on set” Niall asked.  “Yea, she’ll be fine I’ll take it from here,” said Reyna from behind Niall. He turned around and saw Reyna, looked back smiled at me. “Take care babe,” Niall said as he winked and walked away. ‘Babe…, Niall Horan just called me babe, I’ve died and gone to heaven.’ She thought.  Then something horrible crossed her mind and blew away the cloud she was floating on. 'I just choked in front of Niall, correction, I fangirl’d first, THEN I choked. Yea those curtains that look like a dementor’s robes, can swallow me up now’.