Chapter Four - Boot Camp part one

Chapter Four - Boot Camp Part One 

‘Alright Amee, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale’ Amee said to herself as she approached the stadium.  It was a crisp September morning, and Richie had dropped Amee off at the entrance and promised to be back to pick her up when the day ended.

“If you so much as think about running, I will grab your sorry arse and bring it back,” he warned Amee as she got out of the car. 

‘Hey big guy up in the sky, I know I haven’t prayed much recently, but please get me through this.  I really want this.’ Amee said a little prayer before she stepped inside to sign in. Inside there was a friendly looking woman who looked like she was about thirty years old.  She looked up at Amee as she approached the desk and said, “First name here, Last name here, age here, and sign and initial the bottom, and don’t forget your number.”  Amee did as she was told and took her number from the lady and moved out of the line to a wall on the far side of the entrance.  She peeled the wax paper off of the back of the number sticker and stuck it to her shirt right on her stomach.  As she sat down against the wall she pulled out her ipod, and closed her eyes to let the music remind her why she was still here.  However, the song took her to a much different place.  It took her back to when she fell in love with Niall.  She relived the entire conversation while everyone arrived and checked in.

  “Babe, you have to hear this!” Ivy squealed. She was visiting Amee during her winter break.

 “Ivy, are you sure this isn’t one of your weird indie fedish songs?” Amee asked skeptically.

“Ames you know that phase is over,” Ivy replied as she used her foot to push her brand new indie cd’s under Amee’s bed.

“Sure it is, that’s why Olly and Jazz went to five different CD shops to get you these.” Amee said as she bent down and grabbed the CD’s and gave her a look that said ‘I think I know you a little better than that missy’.

“Ames you have to try it, you just have to,” Ivy said as she jumped up and down like a two year old trying to get Amee to agree.

“If I watch this can I get back to studying for the SAT?” Amee asked anxious to get back to work. Ivy nodded and plopped onto Amee’s bed and pulled out her laptop.  Amee looked at her prep book longingly but pulled her sight away when Ivy started squealing like a baby pig.

‘Oh dear god, okay just one little video’ Amee thought as she walked up to Ivy and sat next to her. Amee sat down and watched the auditions of four boys who did so spectacularly she was hooked.  When the fifth one came on she giggled as she heard his cute Irish accent.  When the vote was left down to Katy Perry, she held her breath until she heard the yes.  Ivy laughed at her cousin and closed the lid on her laptop. 

“Well I will be on my way then,” Ivy said as she got up with her laptop and attempted to walk out the room with a smirk plastered on her face that clearly said ‘I knew you would be hooked’. It took Amee to let all her ego go to say, “Come back here and tell me everything you know about all of them.”

“Well that is why we have tumblr, my dear cousin” Ivy said as she sat next to Amee again and opened up the website.  “The first step is learning all their names,” Ivy said with a smile and watched Amee get hooked. The tumblr session lasted a while, Ivy fell asleep on Amee’s bed.  Amee was up all night and forgot all about the SAT.  As she learned more about Niall throughout the coming year, she fell more and more in love.  She loved him from the top of his blonde hair to the tips of his toes.  She loved his red polo, she loved his food obsession, she loved his angelic voice, she loved his Irish accent, most of all she loved how he stuck to his dream and no one could stop him.   It wasn’t just Niall of course, she loved all the boys unconditionally, but Niall was her special snowflake.