twenty two

everyone told her that it wasn't her fault that james was gone. they kept on giving her the same pep talk. 

"oh, he's probably just taking a break and trying to recollect his thoughts." 

or

"don't worry! he's alive! he's just most likely on a vacation that's why he hasn't returned back to school yet. don't worry he'll be coming back and you two will be talking in no time!" 

or

"c'mon, don't worry about him. you should worry about yourself." 

but, the more she heard these pep talks the more she felt uneasy and complicated. she didn't know how to handle this situation. she didn't know how to react or respond to it. this whole thing, it honestly scared her and it made her feel sick. 

plus, it didn't even help to know that apparently everyone knew about james cheating on her. how apparently this love that james was spouting about and shouting to the world was false. he didn't like her, he didn't love her, he was just using her to get back together with stella. this made her laugh to know about this. how could nobody think to tell her about this? why didn't anyone say anything? how come she was SO stupid to not realize that he didn't like her?

she was just fed up with this whole thing. she just wanted everyone to quit talking to her and just leave her alone! she wanted this to be over. 

she was tired of pretending to be happy. she wanted to be unhappy for just this one time.