XXXIII. Don't Break

Start from the beginning

He looks at me with a pain I can't describe. "Yes, until I get sick of you."

Anthony rolled me down onto the bed, his electric blues striking mine as the tears refused to stop rolling. My body was trembling under his touches. "Although if you truly know me, mio cuore. I'm the type of man who holds onto his toys for quite a long time," he decides to play the bad guy - no, he had always been the bad guy.

If this were a movie, Anthony wouldn't get a happy ending...and as his wife...I wouldn't either.

He leans downward, lips playfully scrapping against mine. "I will play with you until you break." His hands roam down my curves, forcefully lifting my waist into the air. "If you don't want me to throw you away," he presses his waist down. "Don't break." The beating inside his chest slammed against mine. "Tell me; you won't break."

I swallow, wrapping my arms around his body. "I won't break."

If I only knew how much of a liar I am.

His mouth locks onto mine without any warning. My back arch, while his press down farther. I could taste the cigarette inside his mouth along with a potent mixture of alcohol as he began exploring my breasts. A gasp entered the room when Anthony's lips caught my chest. "Don't break mio cuore," his voice was dripping with pure seduction. "Don't you ever fucking dare break." His hand squeezes my chest firmly.

Anthony is gone. Another day is spent alone until he returns for the party in the evening. Unable to go anywhere without Anthony, I sat in the already-explored penthouse.

Once the door clicks open, I thrash my body up to see Drew entering the room with a cell phone pressed against his ear. "I understand. I'll inform her before the party."

I sat upward, "What are you doing here?"

From what I notice, Drew is quite close to Anthony considering he can enter and leave the penthouse whenever he pleases, compared to others. Although Anthony informs me that Drew is safe, I still feel quite uncomfortable around him. It may be because I only interact with him a handful of times and there may be a possibility he dislikes me.

"I'm here to educate you about the life of the upper class before you attend the party tonight," he said, taking a seat on the couch. "And maybe teach you some class."

I glance down to see myself in a complete mess. I had been making myself too comfortable at the penthouse. Of course, there is nothing to do since Anthony refuses to let me leave without him.

I smile, "I have class." He nudged a brow. I sat up straight, tucking a foot behind the other with my back straightened and my hands neatly folded on my lap.

"Not bad," he responds while scanning my rigid body. I've been drilled to have social class ever since I was a child, so my body can still remember proper body language. "If you were given a menu at the party, what do you do?"

"That won't happen at a social gathering," I respond perfectly. "All food should already be prepped according to the current taste; however, if a menu somehow makes its presence, never lift it."

"Once you sip a glass, you mus-"

"Always sip at the same place," I said before he could finish.

"If you must use the restroom?"

"Excuse yourself, but never say you must use the restroom."

"In a table setting, where does the teaspoon go?" Drew challenged me.

"To the right, between the soup spoon and table knife."

He nods, "That saves us time on party etiquette." He sniffs, before smacking his hands together and leaning forward. "Now, at the party - do not-"

"Speaking only when spoken to and not say any more than necessary." I remember the old nasty lady's words.

His brows furrow a bit, probably due to my sudden robotic tone. "Exactly," he states in a low voice. "Anthony also wants me to talk to you about five families."

"Five families?"

"Yes, there are five families that he wants you to avoid at all costs possible."

"Why? Are they dangerous?"

"In a sense, yes. To Anthony Maranzano, they are nothing since they rarely affiliated themselves with the underground business; rather it is Anthony Winston that links with them. Although the majority of our legal business is in Europe, we do have some in America. Anthony wants our interactions with Americans as limited as possible when it comes to socialization."

"Why?" I ask, remembering that social interactions can be quite valuable in business

"Because it can be quite a headache to deal with influential American families. They can be quite-" he circulates his hand, "arrogant and...difficult."

"You mean a pain in the butt?"

"Exactly, a huge thorn," he states with a sigh before walking towards a room. I sat there and waited for him until he returned with a suitcase. Drew props the suitcase open, revealing a bunch of papers. "Now, I'm going to tell you about the five families you must limit your interactions."

I tuck a strand of hair back and lean forward quite interested in what he had to say. Of course, I was taught common courtesy and such, but no one taught me about influential families. "I'm ready."

"