"You know what Marcel. You're right, you're nothing like a Mikaelson. You're a thousand times more twisted than they will ever be," I growl as I rip my grip from him.

His eyes twist in confusion but there's nothing to be confused about. My words were very clear and there's no way Marcel can play high and mighty without getting a little Felicity Kennedy reality check.

I rush to the car and slide into the drivers seat given that no one knows where we are going apart from me. As much as I want to be with Klaus in the back, I know we will have some time together once he has recovered from the trauma he's endured.

I feel my eyes tear up knowing that I have him back. I have them all back. He won't have to suffer the agony he's been put through these past five years. He will be with his family and we will move on.

We will help him through it.

- - -

After a long drive, I finally pull up the long dirt path that leads to the house. It's dark and the trees that shroud the path cast an even darker shadow. Above that, the stars are twinkling so brightly, it's like they have a new burst of life. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm seeing the things I've seen these past five years in a new light. There's hope in what I see.

All I feel is hope.

At the end of the track, the house Hayley and I have made a home comes into view; the warming image of the white house my girls are currently in sits proudly amongst the dark greenery. I smile to myself in relief.

I pull up and stop the car. Elijah rests his hand on my arm, grabbing my attention.

"Thank you, for everything."

I smile and rest my hand on top of his while everyone else gets out of the car.

"I'm glad you're back. I'm glad we're all here together."

"It's all because of you," he says.

I shake my head. "I couldn't have done this without my sister." His face softens at the mention of Hayley. "Elijah, please don't play with her heart. She's loved you all this time. Please, let yourselves love each other." There's a moment of silence as he looks at the house. "Just make sure you keep it down. My girls are super curious and have super human hearing. Learnt that the hard way," I laugh.

He smiles and I unbuckle my belt.

"Come on. Let's go."

We get out of the car to see Klaus and Rebekah standing side by side. Both of them are looking the house over with an unreadable expression. Elijah and I join them but I keep my eyes on Nik.

"What is it?" Elijah asks sincerely.

"Five years has never felt so long," Klaus says, turning to his siblings. "Thank you for not abandoning me."

"Well, we did consider it. The vote was rather close," Rebekah chuckles before linking arms with Elijah and going to the house.

I take a moment to look him over and I mean really look him over. He body looks tired and slim, clearly deprived of blood. His eyes are sunken and his hair unruly, I'd have to give him a hair cut because there's no barbers around here for miles. His fingers twitch as he grips his palms like a nervous school boy.