Chapter 16: Holding the Town Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Pyrrha." Mellish said as Pyrrha pulled his to his feet. "Henderson didn't make it." Pyrrha then felt bad as Henderson was dead. Then The top of the Church exploded killing Jackson and the Machine gunner.

"We'll avenge his death later, we need to move." Pyrrha said. "Grab the .30 Cal and lets get out of here."

"Yes ma'am." Mellish said as he grabbed the Machine gun and followed Pyrrha down the stairs to where Upham was and then he soon followed them.

Meanwhile with the German back in the building...(funny bit)

"oh...I have not felt something like that in a while." The German soldier said as he then moved his head around and hearing his bones crack. "aaaahhhhhh." He then fainted onto the ground.

(Like this...Skip to 0:30 to 0:45)

Back to the Americans......

But as the 3 went closer to the bridge a group of German soldiers then came at the group from their left flank and had a Panzer tank coming over the debris. Then the Panzer burst into flames as a rocket hit the side of it and Nora was the one who shot it at the Panzer. Then Sergeant  Horvath then Joined the Group that was retreating as he had a injured leg from a German bullet, but he was just walking off the pain.

Jaune Meanwhile was with Miller and Ryan as they covered the ones that were falling back to the bridge, but they were running low on ammo.

"I'm out!" Miller yelled then Ryan looked at the 60 mortar rounds and had a idea.

"Those 60 rounds, we can use them with out the tube!" Ryan yelled as he grabbed a round.

"How?!" Miller asked.

"Set the arming wire, Heave it!" Ryan replied as he pulled the pin on the round and then used a metal square to hit the bomb of the mortar round and then gave it to Miller who then threw it at a German soldier which then blew up and killed him. Then Jaune picked up a 60 round and pulled the pin, primed it and then threw it at a group of Germans which then killed them. Then the 3 just started throwing the Mortar rounds like crazy at the Germans and ended up killing a few more of them. Then all of sudden a tiger Tank came up behind the three and they ran to the bridge in order to not get crushed under the tiger.

The Whole Group rushed back to the Bridge as planned but Nora and Sargent Horvath stopped about half-way across the Bridge to fire there Bazooka's at the approaching tiger tank. Horvath fired his rocket at the tiger only to have it bounce off harmlessly, but Nora aimed for the Tigers weak spot in the front of the tiger: the drivers view port. Nora fired her Rocket and hit the drivers view port and the tiger came to a stop but the turret of the tiger turned to where Jaune and Miller were with the trigger for the explosives and fired. The Blast Knocked both Miller and Jaune to the Ground. 

Pyrrha saw this and then rush over to the 2 to help them. She Dragged both Miller and Jaune into cover while risking getting shot by the Germans who were shooting at them. Then after she had dragged them into cover behind a wall of sand bags. Jaune regained his conscience and saw Pyrrha trying to say something to him but Jaune's ears were ringing from the shell the tiger fired. He looked to his left and saw Ren and Nora Helping back Sargent Horvath into cover and then he looked past them and saw a few of the other soldiers shooting back at the Germans. Jaune then saw the detonator a little ways up the bridge and he just knew he had to get it before the Germans got across.

Jaune then got up and walked to pick up the detonator but was then shot in his upper right leg and his left arm causing him to fall down next to a broken motorbike. Jaune sat up in this position and saw the tigers Turret to face Jaune, But Jaune got out his M1911 and just started shooting the tiger tank as a last resort. The bullets bounced off harmlessly against the frontal armor, but as soon as the tigers gun was pointed at him Jaune thought 'Well.... this is how I die, good bye everyone.' as a tear fell down to his cheek. Pyrrha saw the tigers gun pointed at Jaune and she watched wide eyed as she thought Jaune was gonna die.

But then the tiger exploded into a fiery mess as she heard a plane pass over and she looked up and saw P-51 Mustangs fly over dropping bombs on the Germans.

Jaune watched as the aircraft dropped bombs on the Germans forcing  them to retreat back to there lines as the fighters kept bombing them. Pyrrha then Ran up to Jaune as the Germans retreated.

"JAUNE! Are you okay!?" Pyrrha asked worried as she checked his wounds.

"I feel better now that your here." Jaune replied as he received a slap to the face from Pyrrha.

"Don't ever do something like that again." Pyrrha whispered in his ear as she hugged him. "Promise me that." Jaune knew what she was getting that and hugged back.

"Okay, I promise I won't." Jaune said to her as they separated. "But as soon as this is over, lets go on a date." Pyrrha then Blushed when Jaune said that to her.

"Y-yes, that would be a great idea." Pyrrha agreed. However the war was far from over and their finest moment was yet to come. They had saved Most of Millers squad and many of the Paratroopers and Private Ryan  was going home back to the US, But Team JNPR wasn't done yet.

=============================================================================

Okay done with this chapter it took me forever to think it through.

I hope you guys liked it!

Let me know your thoughts on it!

And stay tuned for more!!