Chapter 30: Trust The Guy

Start from the beginning

"Well enough to stay alert," I confessed, looking straight into his eyes.

"Listen to me now... You may not want your mystery man now but I want you." He moves even closer and I back away a little until my back hits the wall "You think you were brave enough to face anything for him but let me tell you, you won't be facing anything for him but for me and no one can stop you from doing it. Not even yourself." A gasp escapes from my lips as I feel the change of his behavior suddenly.

Was he the same person I used to be with?

Faking. After all.

"You can't make me." I snort.

"Try me." His nostrils flared up, his eyes unwavering of any emotion.

What is going to happen to me? What am I getting into?!

"I'm not your puppet. I can't do whatever you say!" I whisper hiss at him, pushing him away but he holds my wrist tight and continues to stare at me.

"You are not but you can't help it now. Believe me." Something changes in his eyes and his shoulder falls slightly, his body losing up.

"If you want your safety you have to do this... I tried the nice way with you but it didn't work. Don't make me do the bad way Sarah it's going to cost you only." His eyes pleading.

I couldn't understand whatever was happening. I never saw this side of him. Never did I even expect to see it. Whatever he was thinking? Whatever he was talking? What it had to do with me and my safety?

"We don't have time for the nice way Sarah."

Who are we? Whom is he working with? What do they want with me? How am I not safe? Why me?

All of my fears rise up and spill out of my eyes.

I hear his soothing voice trying to calm me, I feel his hand on the edge of my stole and he wipes away my tears from it. I look at him and his eyes lock with mine, consisting nothing but only concern?

He scares me and at the same time he makes me feel at ease about him.

Why almighty? Why?

"I have so many questions."

"Certainly, you do." He wipes the already dried skin of my cheek and lets go my stole.

I look down at my stole. Feeling too exposed, I cover my stole much tighter around me and he moves back a little, giving me my personal space.

"I'm sorry Sarah." I sniff, looking down. "You have to do this Sarah, you have no choice. It's for the best. For you and me and for everyone you care about. I promise you." I look at him and his eyes reflected promise and concern.

"You have training for the next eight weeks starting from tomorrow."

"Training?" I ask with disbelief.

"I'll answer all of your questions tomorrow just don't think too much or even consider doing anything foolish. Everyone's watching you." He moves back to the balcony while leaving me in a complete haze. I don't look after him when he leaves.

My mind was exploding with thousand of consequences and scenarios. The only fear that's holding me is my family, my father. Whatever will happen to them after me? If something actually happened to me, they are going to face yet another shock.

My hands shaking violently, my head spinning at a thousand times faster pace. As I lose my balance, I grip the edge of the dresser for support, tears pooling out of my eyes, my hands reach for further support on my dresser but my work bag came in between and I throw it violently on the floor. My stuff falls out of it and spreads across the floor.

My eyes caught the sight of a caramel-cream coloured paper fallen out of my bag and I blink my eyes. I rub my eyes to wipe away the tears, forming and blurring my vision.

I sit on the carpeted floor and scoot closer to the fallen stuff. I grab the paper and pull it out from under the other stuff.

It was a letter.

The same letter that we had received back home.

I rip the letter and pull out the small paper from it and read it

Trust the guy

Sincerely,

Your Well Wisher

How in the world?

Who was this person?

Who is watching me?

I flipped the small paper which was still in my hand.

Burn as received.

This is the same sender who sent us a letter back then six years ago. The same color texture of the paper, the same font.

Who was it?

What in the world have I gotten myself into!?

As I think about everything, I can't stop my tears from falling, soon they came out with uncontrollable hiccups which woke me up the whole night.