31: Missing pieces (Prt 2)

Bamidele

"Then we are even."

She had said to me that day with those blank eyes that eventually pushed me away.

I feel abandoned.

No no. She... She made her choice. Typical. I shouldn't have tried saving her from that Babalawo guy. What did he even mean we were going to meet again? And that I can't save Ini cause she has to return something?

I feel like I'm in a supernatural drama.

"Bam Bam. Are you listening?"

My attention derailed by Michael and the boys coming behind me. I think I had walked farther than them because of my wandering mind about all that's been happening.

"Sorry what did you say?" I'm replying Michael as he got closer.

I didn't seem to notice we've gotten close to the express and nearing a round about. On a Saturday, you'd think the roads will be less rowdy but that's the opposite. Probably it's because it's a Saturday. Why did I agree for this endurance trekking anyway? Ah yes, I thought Segun was going to join. But he wasn't even told about it and also I've been avoiding him.

I think he noticed something off about that day too.

"Earth to Bamidele ooo!!!" Bidemi yells out my name and I'm jerking at an attention with a forced grin on my face at the trio finally standing close to me.

"I believe we are almost to our destination." I say, bringing out a water bottle from my back-pack.

"Yeah Yeah, But did you hear anything I said? " Michael comes in focus handing me a snack.

I'm shaking my head in response and accepting the snack.

"I said, your laces are untied and what type of energy did you consume today? You look so focused and quite active than usual." a small smirk rests on his face as he finished talking.

"What? Why are you smiling?" I'm a little confused.

"Tie your lace already. You could have fallen." he says walking ahead of me.

"Were you thinking of a certain someone, hmm? Bolu walks past as he bats his eyes at me and chuckles away.

Bidemi soon walks past me but gives me a worried glance I'm shrugging my shoulders in response that I'm okay before he catches up with the others.

I'm fine. I really am.

"You're a coward."

Ini's voice rings back to my head again. The same words from two years ago. Her eyes called me that again just last week.

I'm a cursed coward.

"Sule!!! hurry up before you fall inside gutter!!!" Bolu yells at me jerking my mind back to the road. I see Michael give Bolu a hard tap to the back of his head. He felt justified as he glanced at me and smiled.

What's with his smile gan?

Suddenly an image comes into view and Micheal and the rests of my surrounding seem to be fading out of view and I'm standing in front of an isolated road side now . I can't hear anything or anyone.

Oh god. Where am I? A trance?

First let's calm my nerves. Since my last episodic trances, I thought it had subsided and I will go back to seeing visions whenever I sleep but that became scarce too. Imagine, I was glad I didn't have to await a terrorizing vision again but now, this is worse and I'm in the middle of a busy road. My physical body that is.