chapter 18

I gave her a weird look.

"Uhmm, you realize he's on the other side of the world right now, right?"

"So?"

"How are you going to steal my boyfriend if he's in America?"

She looked lost for a moment.

"Did you even think this through, Becca?" I said to her.

It was like the dumbest plan ever. She wants to steal my boyfriend, but he's across the Atlantic. Does she know anything?

"Of course I thought this through! You'll see! When he meets me, he'll forget all about you!"

"Oh come on, aren't we all mature adults here? This isn't high school. We're almost through college. Just let it go."

She rolled her eyes and walked away, as I watched them. I looked up in the sky. It was really cold and it was about to rain. And Becca and her 'possee' were wearing mini skirts and heels. Seriously? I'd wear my pajamas out here and I wouldn't care what I looked like.

I went back home. I stood in the doorway of my room and looked at all the boxes I packed. I can't believe I'm leaving London. New York is my home. It's where I belong. Over the five years I've been here, I've become attached to this city, though. The idea of living in another place seems... foreign, even weird. I'll get over it soon.

I thought about it... in just a week I'd be with Ryan again.

Ryan's POV

I laid in bed. Why can't I sleep? It's been two weeks and I still haven't gotten used to sleeping alone. Well at least I'll be with Kylie in one more week. I looked at the framed picture of her on my nightstand. Was it creepy that I sleep with a picture of her? No... er.. kinda... whatever.

I called her.

"Hey" she said.

"Hi, I just wanted to say goodnight."

"It's day time here."

"Oh, oops, forgot. I just wanted to say I miss you."

"It's alright. I miss you too. So much."

I smiled. It was nice knowing she missed me as well. It was weird. When I left, I felt like a part of me was missing too.

The next day, I went through my daily routine of training and whatnot. Life without Kylie is so boring. 

 "Dude lets go out tonight!" My brother said, walking in the front door.

"How did you get through the door?!" I said.

"I know where you keep the spare key."

"Well what do you want?"

"I just wanna hang out with you. You've been so busy lately. And I couldn't go with you to London and everything. Mom and dad said you have a lady friend..."

I rolled my eyes.

"Her name is Kylie. And yes, she's my 'lady friend'. I love her."

"Whoa, you guys are gettin serious?"

"We have been. We're actually moving to New York in almost a week."

His face fell.

"So you won't be living in Florida anymore?"

"We'll visit often."

"Alright."

He looked upset.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"No, tell me Devon."