chapter 13

I read the text.

"Why didn't you text me back last night?"

I sighed. Why can't he just back off and take the message?

"I don't like you, Justin. I have a boyfriend. Just leave me alone, ok?" I texted back.

"I broke up with Becca."

"That's great. Good for you, Justin."

"No, Kylie. I want to be with you."

"I told you already. I have a boyfriend."

"Give me a chance? Please?"

I decided not to text back. Or tell Ryan. I knew that if I told Ryan, he'd get upset or mad at me. And that would just make things even worse. Hopefully I'd never have to see Justin again, now that I'm moving to New York.

We went to dinner and I met Ryan's parents. They were so kind. I think they liked me, or at least I hoped they did.

Ryan went back to his place after to get some clothes, since he was spending the night. We practically lived together already. 

I got a phone call from him.

"Hey is it alright if I go out with the team tonight? I'll come back to your place after."

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Thanks. Love you, baby."

I smiled.

"I love you too."

 Me and Anna spent the rest of the night watching movies and hanging out, just like old times.

A few hours after, I went to bed. I had a hard time sleeping. It was strange sleeping in an empty bed, now. 

I heard Ryan come in and collapse on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and didn't bother to change out of his suit. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

It was early morning. I woke up and Ryan staring at me, holding my phone. 

"You know what I hate?" He asked me.

"What?"

"When people keep secrets from me. Especially my girlfriend."

"What are you talking about, Ryan? And why are you up so early?" 

I looked at my alarm clock. It was five thirty in the morning. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what? Ryan, you make no sense. Go back to sleep."

"Tell me about this." He said, holding up the texts from Justin.

"Be- because I thought that you would get mad at me."

"If you told me, I wouldn't have gotten mad. But you kept it a secret. If you really loved me, you'd be able to tell me anything and everything."

"I'm sorry Ryan. I didn't know how you would react. Can we please just talk about his later? I'm tired."

He stared at me.

"How can I trust you after this?" He asked.

"Ryan, this was one time. Let it go, please. I'll tell you anything from now on."

He looked at me, hurt.

"No. We have nothing, if we don't have trust, Kylie."

"Don't you think you're over reacting about his, Ryan?"

"I can't be with you, Kylie."

"You're kidding, right?"

"It wouldn't have to be like this if you just told me."

"You're breaking up with me because I didn't tell you I rejected another guy over text? This is ridiculous."

"Don't you realize that this is your fault?"

"Ryan, don't do this. Please. Don't leave me. We can figure things out."

"I love you, Kylie, but it's over."

He walked out and left me. 

[omg omg you guys probably hate me for doing this lololol]