chapter 6

Ryan's POV

Only part of the swim team was there. 

"Where's everyone else?" I asked Michael and Nathan.

"Who knows. They went out somewhere."

"Oh. This is Kylie." I said.

"Oh, Kylie, we've heard SO much about you lately," Michael said, looking at me.

Kylie looked at me.

"I guess you talk about me alot?" She laughed and gave me a smile.

Her smile is contagious. Just seeing her instantly puts a smile on my face, too.

We hung out with the guys for a while. Before we left, Kylie went to use the restroom.

"I approve of her. She's hot." Michael said.

"She's really hot." Nathan added.

"She's mine. Go get your girls."

Kylie came back.

"Let's go to your place." I said.

Kylie's POV

I walked into the bedroom and Ryan kissed me. I kissed him back and pushed him on the bed. Kissing his neck, I began to unbutton his shirt. He kissed me passionately and slid his tongue inside my mouth. By the end of the night, our clothes were scattered around the room.

We laid in bed, his arms around me.

"That was.... fun." I said.

"That was more than fun." He told me, kissing my neck.

"Agreed." 

Ryan's POV

I looked over at Kylie. She was sleeping in my arms. I thought about tonight and everything that happened. Michael's words haunted me. What was going to happen to happen to me and Kylie when the olympics are over? It's not like I can move to London. It feels like I have to choose her or my career.

Would I be able to leave Kylie for my career? That wouldn't be fair to her. There has to be a way to make things work between us. I promised her that. All I need is time- time to think. But right now, that's the last thing I have. Will Kylie and I last? I really want to be with her but I'm just not sure if I should be in a relationship. 

Kylie's POV

I woke up the next morning next to Ryan. 

"Good morning." I said to him, smiling. 

He didn't smile back.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, touching his cheek.

"I- I don't know how to say this, Kylie.."

What can't he say? 

"You can tell me anything, Ryan."

He took a deep breath.

"I um, I think last night was a mistake."

What did he mean? Last night was amazing.

"What are you talking about?"

He looked away from me.

"I can't be with you, Kylie."

And just like that, my world shattered into a million pieces- pieces of my broken heart.

[sorry if it's short. I have to sleep. I'll update tmrw.]