chapter 16

[ok so sorrry for taking so long to update. two days i know. i've been watching doctor who. series 7 is out like omg (said in 'valley girl' voice)]

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"You're going to break up with her, Ryan." 

"Uh, no. I never agreed to that. There's no way in hell I'm leaving Kylie."

"Yes, Ryan. You have to!"

"Why?!" 

"She's ruining your image, Ryan! Don't you get it? When people find out you have a 'girlfriend' they won't like you as much. It's not like you'll last anyway. Just end it now."

"I don't care what other people think of me! The only person I care about  is Kylie. And we're moving in together. Don't you dare tell me we aren't going to last."

She rolled her eyes and got up and sat down elsewhere. 

I grabbed my phone and looked at the pictures of me and Kylie. I smiled. I missed her so much, already. Would I be able to leave her? Maybe. No. Hell no. As soon as I get off this stupid plane, I'm firing her. What was her reasoning for all this? I mean she has no say in who I can or can not date.

When I got off the plane and grabbed my bags, I called Kylie.

"Ryan?"

"Hey, I'm home now."

"That's good." 

She sounded tired. I looked at my watch. Crap, it was almost 4 am there.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize how late it was there. I hope I didn't wake you up."

"No, it's fine. I was waiting for your call."

I smiled.

I saw Erika approaching. She looked mad.

"Hey, I have to go. I'll call you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too, Ryan."

After I hung up, I saw Erika coming closer. Should I run away? She looked pissed. 

"Did you do it?" She asked.

"Do what?"

"Break up with her!"

"No, I didn't break up with her! I called her to tell her that I love her."

"Don't you see what's right in front of you, Ryan?!"

"What are you talking about, Erika? Can't you just leave this situation alone? Go home and sleep or something."

"I love you, Ryan."

The first thought that hit me: gross

"Um, uh that's flattering, but I have a girlfriend. You know that."

"Exactly. If you leave her, we can be together." 

She took a step closer to me and touched my arm. I pushed her away immediately.

"No! I don't like you, Erika!! I love Kylie, and quite honestly, you're just being creepy right now!"

"I love you Ryan! You and Kylie will never last!"

"You know what else won't last? Your job. You're fired. Now go away, Erika."

I walked away and went home. 

I threw my clothes on the floor and got into bed.

It was so strange sleeping alone. And now I have to do it for a few weeks. I just wanna cancel all the interviews and fly back to London.

I thought about Erika. How did I not realize how crazy she is? I seriously do not want to see her again. 

That night, I couldn't sleep at all. No matter what I did, all I thought about was Kylie.

I called her.

"Ryan? Why are you still awake?"

"I can't sleep without you."

"Well then pretend I'm there."

"But you're not. Do you have any idea how much I miss you right now?"

"I miss you too, Ryan."

"It hurts knowing I can't feel you touch right now. Knowing that I can't kiss you. That I can't hold you in my arms. But it's knowing that you aren't here right now- with me. That's what hurts the most. Because I don't know when I'll see you again."

I could tell she was crying.

"We'll see each other soon, Ryan. I know we will. I'm moving to New York in a few weeks. We'll see each other then."

"I hope so."

"So are you going to sleep?"

"Will you sing to me?" I asked.

She laughed.

"You know I can't sing for my life, Ryan."

"It's comforting- just hearing your voice. Please? It will put me to sleep."

"Fine." 

I smiled.

Kylie's POV

Ryan finally fell asleep. Hearing him sleep was actually kind of cute. It reminded me of being a teenager again. Those late night calls with that one person- sleeping on the phone. 

My thoughts wandered off. I thought about Michael. I wondered if he left with Ryan too. Possibly. I still haven't told Ryan about what Michael said the other to me. It would probably hurt him. He would start to over think things again, like he always did. I guess I should just tell him when I see him.

I walked into the living room.

"So Ryan left?" Anna asked.

"How'd you know?"

"Just guessing. There had to be some explanation for that gloomy look on your face."

"Well, it's just that I'm not sure if I can handle a long distance relationship. It's a lot of work and sometimes I doubt if we'll work out."

"Out of all the guys you've dated, Kylie, he's the only one you've been serious about. If you want it to work out, you'll make it work. I seriously think he's the one for you."

The next week, or so, was pretty boring. Ryan and I would video chat pretty often, but it wasn't enough. It felt like we were drifting apart. Of course we would talk, but it would be at the most inconvienent times. It was hard finding time because he was always so busy. 

I went about my daily schedule and went home.

"Can u check the mail downstairs? im too lazy to get up,"  Anna texted me.

I rolled my eyes and got the mail. Hmm there were a few letters for Anna, mostly  bills, and one for me.

I walked in the apartment and tossed the mail at her. I went into my room to read the letter. It never said who it was from, but I'm pretty sure it's Ryan. I smiled and read the letter.

Do you know how much it tears me apart that I can't be with you right now? I want to be with you, Kylie. I want to be with you at all times, no matter what. I love you so much, and I just wish I could show it better. I hate knowing we aren't together. I hate knowing that I can't kiss you, or touch you because you're not with me. There's no one else but you. I just want to see you. That's all I want. I want to prove that we belong together. That we can figure things out if you want to. I'm not going to stop here. I'll do whatever it takes for us to be together.

Didn't Ryan kind of sum this letter up with that phone call last week? It's sweet and all, but did he need to say it twice? Ryan was a little confusing. He misses me, I get it. But we'll see eachother again. He's acting like we'll never see each other.

I looked at the signature on the paper, and dropped it. It wasn't from Ryan.

[hmm leave your guesses on who the letter is from]